Karla Bonoff

Greetings,

I, like many here, watched and loved the Linda Ronstadt documentary; in that film there were brief interview pieces with Karla Bonoff, and those caused me to search a bit (I have one or two recordings of hers), and discovered she made a new recording in 2018 titled Carry Me Home.  I ordered copy from her, it came yesterday (I was away), am playing it here this morning, and its just wonderful.  Great songs, sparse production (piano, guitar, occasionally bass, mandolin) and, to my ears, great sound.  Highly worth a listen.  
rpeluso
tomcy6, we clearly share tastes; I love Coal, and Pretty Bird.  I, again, was so surprised with just how fantastic she was live.  Long ago I lived in Nashville, a friend of mine was a struggling song writer then (became very very successful), and there was a benefit for a local songwriter/artist, my friend allowed me to go along with him, and there was a silent auction.  I managed to get a Statler Brothers signed LP, and Kathy was there, working the "register", and I have the receipt with her name on it.  This was sometime between 1980 and 1983.  
I saw Karla Bonoff in the late 70's in Ithaca, NY.  She has always been one of my favorites.

Anyone remember The Roches?
Anyone remember The Roches?

Absolutely! I have quite a few LPs by The Roches. Suzzy was with Loudon Wainwright III for awhile, and had one daughter Lucy, who is the half-sister of both Martha and Rufus Wainwright. Their mother is Kate McGarrigle, another singer/songwriter.

Pretty talented family...
@mofimadness Pretty talented family...

I'd say!  I saw The Roches at about the same time as Karla Bonoff and really enjoyed their show.  Quirky, funny, and very talented!
More to discover