Filling a 6600 Cu. ft. room

Hi there I am curious to see just how large of speakers and how many sub woofers it would take to fill a 30x40 space

Its a barn and has vaulted ceilings obviously due to a barn.
Im not certain what the spacing up there would be

Im dreaming of one day getting the genesis 300 when im on top of the world. I havent heard them, I just have extreme faith in arnie nudell and havent seen many speakers that really make me wanna upgrade from B&W Matrix 804's. The JM Labs mezzo Utopias interest me as well as the leagcy focus 20/20. I have heard the new Etopia EM with the VTL Seigfrieds and was blown away and its not the greatest reference but i have the focal utopia components and subs from 2000 or so in my car and they do rock just amazing, I even find myself listening to the jazz staion occasionaly because it comes in well and im not a jazz guy. Any way Ive been looking at the Velodyne HGS18, Paradigm Servo 15, I know enough to know i can no longer go with what seems cool and I need to get help from folks that really know whats up.
128x128systembuilder
Hi,
Your needs are pretty specialized. I would gather few of us have experience with a 40x30x tall as a barn ceiling room. I recommend using the systems gallery part of Agon and reaching out to the other members with such a large room. A quick glance of these systems show speakers like VMPS, Apogee, Focal, etc. They might at least share their experiences with you. Filling up a barn-type structure sounds pretty daunting, just guessing, you will need at min two of your velodyne subs. At the Bay Area Audio Show this summer, Legacy (think it was their Whispers) filled up a good size ball room with their speakers. It sounded pretty good to me. Best of luck and enjoy the barn house, I always thought the designs can be very rustic cool.
I am currently in a 28X35 foot space with 14' ceilings.

The medium sized dipole monitors on stands (Cerious Too) are in 1 area a few feet from the walls, with dual woofers (cerious Bass) against the walls. Sitting about 12 feet away from the speaker, there is no problem hearing anyplace in the space. The sound travels. Bass may be a bit less in certain areas, but boosted to correct that would create too much bass in the prime listening spot. However you may want to look into a line array which drops only half of point sources as the distance doubles. Scaeana's are fantastic.

I would worry most about acoustic treatment as Reverberation will be a battle.
Systembuilder, based on your last response it seems that you agree that a single pair of speakers for a space of your size is going to be a compromise. The best suggestion I can make is to try a pair or Ohm Walsh 5000 speakers. I have not heard a pair of Ohm speakers in a space as challenging as yours, but I have heard them in smaller rooms and I think that they might be the best combination of stereo imaging and diffuse sound (the latter for lack of a better term).

I am not implying that this is the best idea; only that this is MY best idea, based on your specific requirements.