Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
Wow, I didn't think this thread would grow so large (It's Alive!), lol.

One thing is for sure, we are all quite passionate about listening to music and especially listening to LP's. Definitely something special about LP's in comparison to other formats. In many cases, it can be the center piece of your complete system, something beautiful to behold, something you interact with in such an intimate way compared to other formats.

We all have our personal tastes/interests and experience when it comes to this hobby (I still consider myself a novice). But that is the great thing about it, we can all share our passion together and learn from one another.

And I have already learned quite a bit from this thread and so want to thank each one of you for your contribution! I may not be able to look into or implement every suggestion but I can certainly learn from it and for that, I appreciate all the input!

So, yesterday, I went to that audio store I had mentioned. Took only 3 records with me as I was not sure what to expect. Normally, you buy a cleaning solution and then clean your records but yesterday there was a gentlemen there plugging his device, the Keith Monks "Prodigy" and so was able to get my records cleaned for free yesterday.

He went over all the features of this new device. The housing was made of Bamboo and it was pretty quiet. I thought it looked kind of cool. Overall, it did a pretty decent job of cleaning the records. I just listened to a couple of tracks in the store and although there were still a few clicks/pops it was pretty minute compared to before. 

I liked the machine but it was $995, out of my price range for a device to simply clean records. I will need to stick to something a bit more economical, at least for me.

Did get to check out the Rega P6 and Mo-Fi decks, so that was cool.

It's going to be a little before I actually purchase because I just purchased about a week ago, the Isotek Evo 3 Sirius Power Distribution unit and some new power cables. I have my Intergrated, CD Player, Dac, TT and phono stage now plugged into that unit. I think I hear a slight positive difference in the sound but not sure yet.

Next I need to re-arrange some of my devices in my cabinet and put my current TT in the middle instead of the side (I have the TT, Integrated and CD Player on the top of the cabinet). Once I have that done, then the new TT can simply just slip in place of the Denon, eventually. 

Also going to get a small storage rack just for the LP's so that it can be more accessible. Right now, they are in the cabinet and a hassle to take out and put back (and yes I do store them vertically, haha).

Thanks All!

@jay73,. I for one really appreciate your last post (especially). You’re kind of rare in that while seeking advice and absorbing it, you’re willing to stay involved. I wish you all the best in your search.
"@jay73,. I for one really appreciate your last post (especially). You’re kind of rare in that while seeking advice and absorbing it, you’re willing to stay involved. I wish you all the best in your search."

I was thinking the same thing Slaw. It shouldn't  go unoticed or without kudos as rare as it is.....
I think I hear a slight positive difference in the sound but not sure yet
Be careful with "upgrades" for the sake of it. And beware of fooling yourself with confirmation bias.
@slaw and @has2be, Thanks for your kind words!

@noromance ,

I completely agree with you, time will tell if there really is a difference in sound quality. Another reason I picked up the Isotek was because I had really entry lever power strips and wanted to get something a little more substantial to protect the gear.