Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
Chaksterk 

If you you read the earlier posts of this thread, I provided a detailed cleaning process.  Otherwise, being sensitive and trying to read between the lines of what Jay's desire is, my recommendation would be a fine American product, the Sota Commet V,   https://sotaturntables.com/products/comet-v/.  It is in his budget, the design I would think, but I may be wrong, is compatible with his desires.  Its a  great product from a long standing supplier, that he can call on the phone and discuss, get go long term support, and they have an upgrade path to serve him on his journey.
@antinn

Oh, the cleaning, ok ... forgive me.
I do not blame you because you recommend Sota, cleaning records .. or because you’re living in America and prefer local products.

Being Japanese the Technics is very well represented in USA since the 70’s.

Most of out record made with Technics motor, because Neumann disc cutting lathe comes with Technics SP-02 motor.

So i think Technics was (and still is) much more important for the vinyl industry than any other small brands.

And using Technics no one will be frustrated with vinyl.  

Passing your biased opinions off as fact , doesnt make them facts. You insult owners..belittle anyones property that doesnt fit your idiotic direct drive biased drivel. There are many many good tables of all drives.
This is a hobby best made as inclusive...not exclusive based on perceived value. Which in reality Chakster..you dont have. Every choice has an opinion and a reason for and why....and it isnt because you say so or exclude them as owners of toys and all the other negative crap you spew constantly. The owner of the belt drive you negate brings a 100 times more than you do...its positivity and inclusivity...try it before your island is complete.....
And for the record...the only thing the cartridge can do...is what everything its attached right down to the floor allow it to do....funny , thats why some find those technics tables cold and digital like...but thats an opinion based on their ears and first hand experience....
How many of those NEW Technics tables do you own and for how long....oh...your just repeating what anyone else could read...then apply thick bias.....
Chakster, 

First my applogies for my miss spelling of your handle, so much for my fat fingers.  Otherwise, to address my opinion of the Technics 1210GR, as an engineer, I can appreciate the engineering that has been applied.  But, I am no fan of it looks (I have a modified VPI TNT), and obviously neither is Jay.  And that is the point.  Your recommendation is one thing, but when you become so passionate as to defend it, if takes on a whole other perspective.  Hopefully, we make our best recommendation to someone when they ask, but if they do not see it the same way, that is their right.  We have no right to force the argument, since it it can then be precieved as an attack.  All persons are entitled to their pursuit of what makes THEM happy whether we agree or not.
Chak
While a lot of people can appreciate the engineering of the new Technics, not that many can stomach the looks and for some that IS very important, their are at times the better half to appease as well.

Now we all get your passion for Technics and not criticising that at all but.....
Once you have heard it a dozen times it starts to wear thin and get annoying.
It is only facts in your opinion, nothing more my friend.

Maybe a little more humility in your posting would go a long way to not alienating everybody around you?

There are a LOT of users of your so called plastic 2k belt drives of all models and I am sure they are quite insulted by your remarks.

Not myself as I do not own a belt drive, does not mean I intend to start bashing them in public though.

And no I am not going to suggest different TT for the op as that is not what the thread was originally about and only seems to have degenerated into that.