microlaminate as isolation

we are having construction done on our old house (yes we are adding a listening room).    The new overhead support beams are made of micro laminate   very ridgid and incredibly strong.   I was wondering if anyone has ever used this material for isolation platforms and  / or if you think it would work.    I have always assumed maple as wood of choice but i am wondering about microlam.
jpsreno
Maple is good if you like the sound. Laminates are much better vibration control (there is no such thing as isolation) and almost always sound better. "Almost" only because some actually prefer solid wood.

Which are you? Easy enough to find out. Get a butcher block or other laminated piece of wood, and another solid wood, cut some same-size pieces, and compare.

If you want to try pine and maple come on over. Got a nice big shelf of each just sitting in my shop. Not in my system. Only the good stuff stays. Pine and maple, let's just say, are not all that.   
Very stiff materials like granite, marble, bluestone, hardwoods of sufficient thickness and some kitchen countertops are excellent for isolating against bending forces 🔄 that are produced by flexing of the Earth’s surface (along with forces in many other directions which should also be isolated against). In fact, if my calculations are correct there is an infinite ♾ number of directions of motion if you count all the directions in the horizontal plane. 🔛 Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as isolation. Sigh 😔
micro laminate: panzerholz
originally designed in WWII timelines, as Panzer Tank bullet proof armour.
(there is no such thing as isolation)

That is patently nonsense, of course there is....and its actually quite easy to achieve if you put your mind to it ( and have the facilities to facilitate the solution ).