Amp and Processor

I apologize in advance for making this post so long.  I'm in a two channel system now with a PS Audio BHK Preamp, BHK Monoblocks, and Focal Sopra 3s.  The right Focal 35 inches from the wall and the left Focal is open ended.  The width of the room is 15 feet.  The Focals are 20 inches from the back wall,  The ceiling is 8 feet high.  I know the speaker placement is not ideal, but I have constraints.  I am using an OPPO 205, PSA Audio Direct Stream DAC and PS Audio Direct Stream Memory Player.  The music is bright and disappointing.  Aside f rom that, I'm thinking of going to a Home Theater system with Focal Sopra 2s, Focal Sopra 1s and a Focal Center speaker.  I will no longer use the PS Audio gear or Focal Sopra 3.  I'm looking for a relatively high end processor and 5.1 channel amplifier.  For the amplifier, I'm thinking of using a Krell Chorus 5200 XD.  I'm stuck on the processor.  I'd love to get the Bryston SP4, but it may  be out of my budget.  I've also looked at Anthem and Marantz.  I still want to hear excellent stereo sound.  Any suggestions?
daj2832
I've kind of stopped responding to millercarbon because EVERY SINGLE POST here that asks about an HT processor and receiver basically gets trashed by millercarbon in the same way. 
A comment on the Focal Sopra.  The Focal speakers are very fast responding and require a really good full sounding amp (which it looks like you have).  Focal can easily go bright and harsh in certain configurations.  What cabling are you using (power cord, interconnect, speaker cable)?  If it has anything that is silver or silver-plated, it really should be removed from the Focal setup.
I’ve used two approaches to the stereo/HT issue.

Previously a Parasound JC 2BP combined with a Bryston SP3 that contributed only surround and LFE and was by-passed for stereo. Amps were 3 JC 1 monoblocks. Speakers were a pair of KEF Reference 107/2s and a 204/2C supplemented by a pair of Velodyne HGS-15s.

Currently, two setups in the same room: Ayre 5 Twenty series with KEF Reference 1s and HGS-15s for stereo, and SP3 and NAD Class D amps with 6 LS50s and a pair of HGS-10s for HT. An Ayre DX-5 DSD is shared by the two setups, with balanced analog for stereo, HDMI for HT and surround.

Both approaches work well.

db
I hate to disagree with millercarbon AGAIN but as others here have mentioned, there are some excellent HT processors which sound outstanding for 2 channel listening. My previous Anthem AVM60 springs to mind and I’m certain many others do as well. I would however concur that if you can listen to a processor in your system and make your own value determination, this is the way to go
Is you priority 2-channel or HT?  Not really sure how to make suggestions without knowing what’s most important to you.