best low priced bookshelf speakers

My son-in-law is looking for a set of under $200 bookshelf speakers for his outlaw audio r2250 receiver. Any suggestions?  I have an old NHT sub zero subwoofer for him but no speakers.
jjjaker
I'd match it up with a pair of used NHT 1.5's... Usually around $99-150 on ebay etc...

I somehow became kind of an NHT bargain bookshelf hoarder, now owning C-1, Superone 2.1 and Absolute Zero.
I don’t really love any of them but for two of my systems I need sealed bookshelves (cabinet and table near wall) and not many companies make sealed bookshelves (rather, most bookshelves have ports).
I rank them C-1, Abs zero, superone2.1 for blues/jazz music that I mainly listen to (although in fairness have very little time on 2.1’s so far). Ymmv

c-1 can sometimes go for about $350 new on Amazon
The ELAC speakers are an excellent recommendation.  Also, if you can still find a pair of the Andrew Jones designed Pioneer bookshelves.

The Klipsch R-51M are sweet also.  Never been a Klipsch fan, but these are pretty decent.  Usually on sale for around $200.00.

https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-51m-bookshelf-speaker?gclid=Cj0KCQiAyKrxBRDHARIsAKCzn8xA7_x_WID9nbZGOkdWKSJBrl3zJq7RsUezLK8fAFCf6hrOKnSUoRoaAqRbEALw_wcB

Both got very good reviews.