Fidelity Research FR-54 Tonearm. ANTI-SKATE???

FR-54 Tonearm came on dual arm tt I bought. I moved it to the rear board, to use with Grado Mono ME+ cartridge, 1.5g tracking weight recommended.

All is well, but, I do not see any way to adjust the FR-54 amount of anti-skate.

One dangling weight, thru one groove in a wire, that's it. Bottom of weight has threaded hole. Presumably weight can be added, but, how lessened?

On scale, the weight is 2.5g. To a bimp on the bottom of the arm, just in front of the pivot. Does that mean it is transferring it's full weight, 2.5g of anti-skate?

I want cartridge to track at 1.5g, thus want 1.5g anti-skate.

I could grind the weight down to 1.5g I suppose.

Ideas?

elliottbnewcombjr
Don’t believe me. Believe Archimedes and Isaac Newton.  Oh, and you could choose to believe the guys who discussed the FR54 on one of those other forums, when they concluded the AS mechanism delivers an AS force about right in magnitude for a 1.5g VTF.
And how do you plan to "test" (the amount of AS force, presumably)?
Elliot has already proven that the anti skate is too heavy for a VTF of 1.5 gm. He put the stylus down in the run out area and it immediately drifted out.
Elliot, just for fun disable the anti skate by lifting the bob up with your finger and place the stylus down in the run out area again and watch it drift right towards the spindle.
Now just make that lighter bob with your fishing line and tell us how it works. Nothing like the power of observation. 
Mijo, Way up the thread, Elliot wrote, "Well, it sounds darn good 1.5g down/2.5g out, but I don't have any experience with playing Mono LP with Mono Cartridges*; This Cartridge; This Arm."  This was at the point where Elliot assumed the 2.5g weight was creating 2.5g of AS force, but that doesn't matter.  Where did he say that with 2.5g weight at that VTF (1.5g), the stylus drifted outward in the run-out groove?  If that's the case, it's odd that apparently excess AS sounds so good. Are you really denying the physics of the thing? (I mean to say that the 2.5g weight must deliver much less than 2.5g of AS. I can make no claims regarding how his particular set-up might react.  I can imagine that for his particular stylus shape, whatever that is, he may need even less AS than he has now.)
my anti-skate test equipment

1. use cds/digital/reel to reel, to verify system balance, prior to evaluating/refining your LP anti-skate by ear.

2. test records if you can stand it

3. extremely enjoyable music

https://www.amazon.com/Friday-Night-Francisco-MCLAUGHLIN-LUCIA/dp/B076FCFZ4N/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

side 2, tracks 2 and 3 (the only tracks all 3 guitarists play.

the guitars are different types, different string types, it helps to be familiar, tells you a lot about your system, and, vary your anti-skate, the imaging of the 3 guitars can be good, great, perfect.

4. extremely easy to hear/balance l/r center

https://smile.amazon.com/1984-love-big-brother-LP/dp/B000091OVI/ref=tmm_vnl_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Annie Lennox is not wandering a stage, she is dead center.

Dave Stewart plays with left to right, at matching levels, at long repeated sequences. Not your most enjoyable Eurythmics album, but very easy to use. You can lift the needle, adjust, drop the needle, no need to try and go back to some starting place, long repeated sequences make it easy.

5. More Enjoyable Eurythmics album, also dead center Annie, many matching sound effects

https://smile.amazon.com/Sweet-Dreams-Are-Made-This/dp/B077KGZ4L6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=228M9D9A4L9HG&keywords=sweet+dreams+vinyl&qid=1579921282&s=music&sprefix=sweet+dre%2Cpopular%2C134&sr=1-1

6. LOADED with Sounds by Quincy Jones

https://smile.amazon.com/Thriller-Michael-Jackson/dp/B01B2M9H76/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1YU7XDWNQGMFZ&keywords=thriller+michael+jackson+vinyl&qid=1579921396&s=music&sprefix=thriller%2Cpopular%2C141&sr=1-1

7. Live Albums, Applause can sometimes be revealing, but, like memorex, is it real?