Need under $1500 preamp for my system

Hi,
I listen to classical and jazz. I like nuance and warmth. I have...

Aerial 10T’s - Speakers
Parasound Zone Master 2350 - Power Amp
Music Fidelity X-ray (has coax digital out) - CD player

...and I need a preamp under $1500. I am considering streaming, but also have plenty of vinyl, (and an inexpensive turntable, which I also might upgrade.) I am considering the Parasound NewClassic 200 Pre, but would love other recommendations as well. Also having a built in tuner might be nice.
Thanks
rbkaudio
I have the "old" version of the Schiit Saga and I am very happy with it. I did not need the XLR capabilities of the Freya. I also ordered the Modi3 at the same time. One hell of a combo. My original reason for the order was to buy a b stock modi.
there is a guy on audiogon selling a conrad Johnson classic with phono stage below your price point.  get it, aerial's love tubes, it will make them sing.  and I will help you with tube rolling it need, depending on the tubes that are in it...….....quickly now.

rbkaudio O 

Need under $1500 preamp for my system

Hi,
I listen to classical and jazz. I like nuance and warmth. I have...

Have a think about this, your MF player has 2.14v output and your Parasound amp 66k z in only needs 2 v in for 350w!!! output!!! which you'll never use.
Why add an active preamp with even more gain you won't ever use, not to mention the "extra noise" that that extra gain brings also .

As they said above get a Shiit Freya+ that has three very different flavors, passive, tube and solid state all with no or little gain.
   https://www.schiit.com/products/freya-1

Cheers George
Your very best value in a preamp is the SP14 from VTA.

http://www.tubes4hifi.com/SP14.htm

You buy it either as a kit or fully assembled and tested.    They also offer it as a custom build in a wooden cabinet.   Price depends on your choice.

kit, w/tubes - $990
fully assembled/tested - $1390

There are a number of optional features that can be had with more money.   It's all up to you.   I'd put this preamp up against anything.
Conrad Johnson PV5 or PV12
VanAlstine Super PAS-3
Audible Illusions M3A

All are tube.  All would add the warmth you seek.  All sound wonderful with Jazz and Classical.  All have steady resale value should you want to move on.

You should be able to find the first 2 for less than $1500 / leaving extra for a good outboard DAC or Streamer.     

I would budget $1k for a preamp- and look for a CJ PV5, then a media streamer such as a Blue Sound NODE2i.    Better DAC than your CD player, and can handle all streaming services along with NAS / USB drive stored media.