Vandersteen 5a, 15 years old vs. new Vandersteen Quatro Wood (upgrade or downgrade)

I currently have a Vandersteen 5A purchased about 15 years ago in great condition. My  equipment  is Thor 150 watt  tube EL-34 monoblocks with a Thor linestage, Sony SACD player and a middle of the road VPI turntable. Was reading about the Vandersteen Quatro Wood CT which I believe retails for $15,000.00. The wood has the carbon tweeter, my 5A's do not. The Quatro also has a 250 watt amplifier for the built in sub while my 5A's have a 400 watt amp.  If I purchased a new Quatro Wood and sold my 5a's would the resulting sound be better overall in my 8 1/2 by 15 foot room?
 My rationale for considering this upgrade, is that I would be getting a speaker with all new parts and would obtain a new warranty.  Any thoughts would be helpful.  In short is todays' Quatro Wood CT a better sounding speaker than my old 5A?  Would this change be an upgrade and would it yield an improvement in sound to justify the cost?

Thank you. 

M

128x128kjl1065
@OP
Wow, that's tight, but if the 5a's work for you, the Quatro's will, too.
B
My room is 15 feet long by 8 and one half feet wide.

Well as long as you accept that you get about 60% of any speaker's potential in a room like that, you should be ok.

Actually no, he has 11 octaves of analog EQ to tune his bass and fix room node issues while placing the speakers for better imaging.

OP a phone call w competent Vandy dealer or Richard highly recommended, who is your nearest Vandersteen dealer ?

best 

jim
Actually, no to your no.

Even only allowing 8" (which is not enough room actually) between the speaker and the sidewall, you can barely spread the 5a any further than 5' apart. That is not optimal by just about any standard.

So agree that maybe they sound good in that room. Also agree that it's only a fractional percentage of what they were meant to do. EQ or no.