Best DAC - Preamp Combo $5 to $10K Budget

I'm waiting for the day my Levinson 380S bites the dust like my Chord DAC 64 just did.  Both of them are/were 15 to 20 years old with heavy use.  Anyway, is there a really reference level DAC - Preamp combination out there for from $5K to $10K?  Thanks in advance!
fixedincome
Although maybe a little low rent from a price perspective given your budget and some of the other excellent DACs mentioned above, I’d recommend trying one of Bel Canto’s legacy eOne DACs from their 3 series with outboard power supply.  I had the DAC3VB (with external Virtual Battery Supply ((VBS)) included) in my system on extended demo a while back and found its performance to be near flawless as far as I could tell.  It managed that much sought-after (but rarely achieved) ability in digital products to present a high level of detail, tone, 3D imaging, space, and palpability in a highly coherent, natural, and effortlessly believable way.  I got to compare it directly to the base DAC3 without the external power supply, and as good as the DAC3 is — and it is very good indeed — the external power supply takes it to a higher level entirely.  In fact, despite a new wave of excellent DACs now on the market, I’m now contemplating buying a used DAC3.xVB myself not only for its outstanding DAC performance but also for its completely transparent preamplifier section as I look to simplify my current system. 

When I auditioned the DAC3VB in my system I had a Bryston BP6 preamp that remains the most complete embodiment of straight wire with gain I’ve heard from any electronic component — a true clear window on a performance.  Almost as an afterthought, and certainly not expecting much, I compared the DAC3VB as a DAC only with my preamp as well as with the DAC operating with its own preamp alone.  I was shocked and stunned.  After much switching between the DAC’s pre and my $2500 uber-transparent Bryston I could discern absolutely no sonic difference between them.  Nothing.  Zilch.  Nada.  In fact, if the BC DAC had a balance control, which I needed at the time, I would’ve sold my BP6 and happily bought the DAC3VB. 

The reason I dedicated a paragraph to the preamp performance is that many reviews I read of other DACs with a volume control often find the preamp performance in some way compromises the resulting sound versus using a good separate stereo preamp.  That the DAC3VB can successfully pull off the straight-wire-with-gain transparency test I think is pretty remarkable, especially at its relatively reasonable original retail price.  Assuming the DAC3.7VB (with the improved VBL power supply) is an improvement over the older DAC3VB as it benefits from trickle-down technology from the pricier BC Black series, being able to purchase that unit used for under $3000 would get a big recommendation from me for a DAC/pre unit.  And, as a bonus, if it doesn’t knock your socks off you can likely sell it for little/no loss given the relatively liquid used market for BC products. 

If the DAC3.xVB option is too low rent, there’s also the newer BC e1X DAC/pre that likely embodies more of the flagship Black series technology and design and ups the ante to $6500.  As I found the external power supply to be so profoundly beneficial to the eOne DACs, I’m curious as to how the power supply issue is addressed in the one-box e1X.  Also, as I’ve not heard nor seen any reviews of the e1X and really know nothing of it I’m not as comfortable recommending it despite it possibly being an improvement over the older models.

Holy crap, I did NOT set out for this to be so long, so my apologies for blabbing but hope this is at least somewhat useful.  Best of luck. 

Audio byte Hydro Vox. It has an external power supply. Also it will have a matching streamer that can get is powered by the same external power supply as the DAC. I believe 11stereo.com is a dealer. Then pick your preamp. Maybe something with tubes to get a nice natural sound out of the DAC. Or another way is the Hegel for $11,000 integrated amp. I was told it has a better DAC then there stand alone DAC and a ton of power. I would test it with your setup first. The AMP/ preamp setup was a little to sterile for me, but maybe the H590 is not the same. I believe in everything being separate for my main system. 
I use an Ayre QX5 twenty in that role.  It is able to do digital volume without loss but... does not do MQA.  Using Roon on my server I get the first MQA unfold so it now sends 96/24 to the DAC when i play the Tidal MQA files.  Recently added Quobz and directly stream 192/24 high resolution files. Either way I'm not missing full MQA.