Has all decency left the entire planet?

daveaj255
Frogman, ' let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late'....

Usually there is always a possibility for missunderstanding, so I kindly ask you, again, to explain on which kind of education you thought when you wrote and I quote, again

...' why is it surprising that in an age when there has been a concerted effort to remove God and spirituality from education' ...etc

Now, to me, that does sounds like the way I understood it, but you are free to explain otherwise, please

'My view point' is not mine, per se, nor it is dogmatic.
It is the view represented by majority of secular european states.

There is no room for middle ground when freedom (in general sense, regarding this subject) is in question.
Either you are free or not.

I do not claim to understand Americans, or anyone else for that matter, but I assure you that I fully understand the ethics of idea I write about.

Since I am trying to make you explain your quoted sentence (I will give you the benefit of doubt)  will not try to assume what is exactly the fact that you or half of America have in common.

Since you said that you did not mention 'mandatory' (its true) I must ask on which kind of education you thought? 
What kind of education can be 'removed' (from where?) if its not already fixed as such? ('mandatory')

As for marxist or religious education, of course that it makes no difference...if its forced (mandatory) to be thought, it is the same for the ones who will have to learn it,if it is against their will.
But, let us not slip into empty talk....

As for bitternes, even if I missunderstood your words (regarding mandatory education) nothing that I wrote should represent something that one should be hopefull that such thing would not happen....

Respect for every individual and his rights should be duty of every civilizied society and everything I wrote in my posts before explains why and how such things are dealt with in Europe (regarding subject of r.edc)

Now, you may not like it and you may hope that it will never happen in the US, but I challenge anyone to tell me what is the better solution?

cd318 , FACT, humans have been more peaceful than anything else since day one.People who make money from war and live for power tell you different and you swallow it .
US spends more than rest of world combined because hundreds of years
of brainwashing had made a population that believes militarism is as normal as the air they breathe and our soldiers , sailors and airman being in every nook and cranny of the planet is as normal as the night follows the day .

Alex, please read my comments (all) again. Your answer and explanation to the quoted sentence is there....if you want to see it. And, please, do not suggest I am speaking falsely. Your accusatory attitude is very telling; and this discussion, discussion which you solicited by challenging an expressed viewpoint not directed at you is quickly going down a very negative path. You make accusations of “false” statements, you take liberties in your desire to involve others, you “challenge”, you “should” this and that and more.  To me, this is not conducive to constructive dialogue.

**** Respect for every individual and his rights should be duty of every civilizied society ****

Agreed! And that includes the believers..... and not just in the ways and in the settings that you see fit....the middle ground.

Regards.

Frogman, I am repeatedtly asking you to answer to my very simple question regarding your quoted comment.

It such answer we shall not read than I am very uncertain why do you keep this discussion going.

'Let us stop talking falsely' meaning in vain, for both of us

It is absolutley frutile trying to paint me as somebody who has a desire to claim how somebody ’should’ behave, since I am not expressing my personal viewpoint but certain praxis in many European states, on some which I agree with

I guess nobody should object on anything that I wrote of such matter, even if he shares your opinion, since there is also stated this

....’According to the postmodern understanding of society, the religious community as well as all social associations not only have the right of political stance, it is indispensable for pluralism to be complete. But in order to maintain pluralism, the state must remain the sole guarantor of generality and neutrality, and its constitution a guarantor of abstractness so that no particularity or individuality is favored.’

So, it is not about finding middle ground between ’my’ opinion and yours.
It is about the best what civilization right now has to offer and your opinion, whatever it might be.
I am very curios to hear specific answers what do you do not like or do not agree about it.(European praxis)