Strange film on new records.

I have three records in my collection that were purchased new, but have a strange sticky film on them that I cannot seem to be able to clean off. This film appears like it is melted onto the surface. I’ve tried alcohol solution, tergitol, scrubbing, ultrasonic. Each cleaning seems to reduce this film, but it still remains. When I have tried to play them, they gum up the stylus. Does anyone maybe know what this film is, and more importantly, how to clean it off?
politics_junkie
@terry9 

I have also tried VersaClean, with scrubbing and in my ultrasonic. I thought for sure that this would be the answer to remove this stuff. Did not work :-(
Thank you all for your responses. As far as returning them, the most recently purchased one was about three years ago. The oldest was about 30 years ago. So returning them is not possible. I’ve only recently began using an ultrasonic cleaner, which is by the way phenomenal. So I pulled these three out this last weekend to see if the ultrasonic cleaner would do the trick. It did better than scrubbing and vacuuming did in the past, but still didn’t quit get it all. Terry9, is there a ratio of versaclean to water that you would suggest. The product information suggest any where from 1:5 to 1:60. That’s a pretty big spread. 
Some lp's are subject to demonic possession...the slime is a sign of such.

'It' goes for the ears...listen not, therefore.

Removal of possession is sometimes possible with an industrial Q-tip chucked into a cordless drill....

Ask kenjit....he knows the drill....;)
Pol, if you are getting progress, that’s a good sign. Make sure that your chemistry is hot enough - about 45 degrees C ~ 115 degrees F.

I use 1:40 (distilled water to VersaClean) for most records, 1:20 for the worst. Why not try 1:20 and see what happens? Twenty minutes at 45C might just do it. If not, grasp at straws; maybe slop some VersaClean onto each side and spread with a cotton ball, leave it for 5 minutes, and try again.

Good luck!
Leaving it 20 minutes - better make that 40C or 105F at 80KHz. Be sure to cool the record uniformly by spinning it in the rinse. And try one record first!

If you only have 40KHz, maybe even cooler ...