Jerry Raskin's Needle Doctor Gone?

I noticed that the website has been down for at least the last 2 weeks, but I know it was up before Christmas as I was shopping for cartridges. I've purchased quite a few things there, they've always been very helpful and informative. Just in case it was a dumb intern not paying attention I tried the 1-800 number, but the mailbox is full. Not a good sign!
Has anybody heard anything? Maybe I'm getting old, but this was one of the few online sources 15-20 years ago besides the behemoths. I'd be sad if they folded. We need more, not less sources out there!
128x128uncle_monkey
They were real nice people to deal with. They didn't talk down to you like some shops  do. Sorry to hear they shut their doors. 
Having read the article - link . it appears as if the battle with cancer gave him some insight with what to do with his future.  I may be reading into this - and- fortunately it may be in remission.
``````

Raskin, 62, said he was retiring to focus on making art. He recently underwent radiation treatments and chemotherapy for tongue cancer, which he described as “brutal.”

“It’s really a matter of the heart. My heart wasn’t there. The money was good, I can tell you that,” he said.

```````

Trust he has a long life to live and enjoy his new venture as he gave so much to Vinyl enthusiasts. 

If you have a business-head for on-line selling maybe it would be a good fit for another a-goner to see about buying.

I live in the Twin Cities and was a regular customer there.  I'm really sad they are gone.  I know a few of their employees and hope the best for them.  I imagine Jerry will sell the business eventually.  
His ex-employee's should buy the business, after all they know it well and were the direct connection to the clients.
Yes, it is strange he did not sell the business if the "money was good."
He could have just fire saled it or given it to the employees. Something else is going on here he does not want to talk about. 
Cancer of the tongue is certainly a brutal disease. Brutal is an understatement.