Has all decency left the entire planet?

daveaj255
@schubert, "the Hell of colonialism" can often eventually be seen as a good thing.

It takes time of course, often a lot of time. I think I'm still in the minority here in the UK who are truly grateful for the kick up the backsides we received at the hands of both Julius Caesar and William the Bastard (or William the Conqueror as he is also known). 

Far too often ignorance and evil are co-mingled as one- and this is not usually the case. To think it is becomes dangerous - large groups can be denigrated and targeted due to the acts of a few ignorant members- not evil- but ignorant. Please don’t take this as high-brow preaching- not the intent- but when forming an opinion around an act or event- consider attempting to determine if what you have witnessed is truly evil, or just a tragic act of ignorance. I suggest the latter can be forgiven regardless of the magnitude of the offense. The former less so. 
Only if you are a complete fool cd318 . Which millions of Brits are as they dream of their days of Empire . The millions England killed to make
that Empire got no time . Same excuse is made here in US about the slave trade , not with the fact that 50% of the slaves died on their trip and were throw to the sharks ’.

Alex , you might not be able to grasp this , but for many tens of millions of people all over this planet J.S. Bach plays a SIGNIFICANT role in their religious life, and not only Christians at that .
And I will say that the pious DO get depths of meaning that the non-religious do not . Start with the cantatas and passions .

P.S . I do not mean to imply you are a fool cd318

overwine , you make a good point , but only God knows what is forgivable .As to a few , at least half the total American population is totally ignorant .
Schubert

I appreciate your passion. My comment around forgiveness was in more of an earthly manner of forgiveness- not in the absolution type. We will just need to disagree on your last point about ignorance. IMHO, Ignorance is dependent on the form of defined enlightenment. I am possibly over optimistic about the American public, but if so I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt and remain in my delusion. Thanks for the discourse.