What is "break in" and what difference does it make? In amps? Preamps? Speakers? More?

Hi folks,

Newbie question. I read often about a break-in period for speakers, amps. Can someone explain what this means, technically and to the listener's ears?

Is there a difference in what one hears when it comes to speaker break-in vs. component break-in?

Are there levels (quality) where break-in makes no difference?

Thanks.
128x128hilde45
Read my "Audiophile Law: Thou Shalt Not Overemphasize Burn In" at Dagogo.com

I am not interested in debating my findings. 

Why not a mixed of the two? In real life all objective perceived changes are evaluated by a subjectivity...Why it must be objective pure changes or subjective pure changes? Why one must negate the other?

Reality is complex precisely because it is something encompassing what we name objective or subjective....An electronic complex materials can look for his relatively stable working platform in time, (break-in) and we all biologically and psychically adapt ourselves to a new phenomenon and integrate it by transforming it ( another break-in)...Just the words of an ignorant poet tough... :)
Right. Evidence suggests the universe itself is like this right down to the smallest details. Even when we say be objective, the root word object is a thing. But then we look closer, there are no things*. There are only processes. We think the things are matter. Solid. Objects. But the supposedly solid objects are all made of electrons whizzing around. Then it turns out not even the electrons are things, they are not objects, that is just how we think of them. Quantum physics however proves the electron is not a thing in one place moving around it is instead a cloud of probabilities. The objective literally is subjective. And, since the cloud nevertheless makes the object, vice versa.

* The actual quote is There are no such things as things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGhDkh972Zg
Pop quiz! 🤗 If electrons are not “things” how come they have mass? And how come they have charge? Things are sometimes said to be mostly empty space because of the relatively large distances between atoms, and the relatively large distances between the nucleus of the atom and the surrounding electrons. Everything is relative. 😛 If mass and space disappeared there would be no time. 😛
There is no time except for the sake of our body apparatus that act like my "golden" plates, filtering all the frequencies there are for the calm of our terrestrial mind... I tease you... :)

I think about some symmetry breaking... Like some metaphor begins to be word of prose, after forgetting his origin...Like matter forgetting light...Like a living organism being now a fossil...