Active or passive?

Why/Why not for each...?
128x128infection
The obsession some audio geeks have with the "evil vibration" that seemingly plagues everything from components to your cables is absolutely tossed out the window with active speakers...somehow my REL subs manage to work beautifully in spite of the horrors of the internal amps being subjected to a nightmare of driver/amp proximity...oh the humanity!
I've fallen hard for several good passive designs that sounded castrated at home in my listening room. I have no idea why, but dsp active speakers sound right in my room where all the world beater passives fall flat.

It saddens me that people have no idea how bad rooms can be in the bass, or how a little DSP eq can transform their experience.

But surely a good tube amp with a good passive will always sound better than a similarly priced active...??
But surely a good tube amp with a good passive will always sound better than a similarly priced active...??

First I'd have to believe that I categorically like tubes more than ss, and that's not true for many.
Post removed