Suggestions for a top flight streamer/Dac around the $2000 mark?

Time for another change and moving from my Ayre EX8 super integrated with built in streaming and dac to a BAT VK300SE integrated.
So looking to up the ante on streaming and dac sq with a dedicated streamer/dac.
I know this tech moves faster than I can keep track of!
So suggestions around the 2k mark and used is perfectly fine!
Many thanks!
128x128uberwaltz
OP - I have been very happy with my LUMIN D1 for 5 years. The Apple OS is the best way to interface with the unit - very stable and easy to navigate. I use Tidal HiFi with MQA as my source and the sound quality is great. You need an Ethernet connection directly into the unit - I feed out the balanced outputs into one stereo system and the RCAs into a second stereo system - both sound great. The current D2 model (replaced my D1) runs $2200 I think. It uses the wolfson dac chips. If you go up one level to the T2 you get the Sabre DAC chips, but the cost pops up to $4500.

lumin sends me software upgrades all the time via the internet - the D1 is still going strong, but I am considering an upgrade to the T2. Hope this helps
All great information from everybody and many thanks to all for that.
No decision has been made yet but I certainly have a lot to look at!
+2 Mytec Brooklyn

Fir 2 times yr budget Lumin T2. For the price nothing comes close. 
Still researching but came across an interesting unit from Bel Canto, the E-One stream.
Not much press on it but what there is sounds ok.

Anyone here tried one at all?