Suggestions for a top flight streamer/Dac around the $2000 mark?

Time for another change and moving from my Ayre EX8 super integrated with built in streaming and dac to a BAT VK300SE integrated.
So looking to up the ante on streaming and dac sq with a dedicated streamer/dac.
I know this tech moves faster than I can keep track of!
So suggestions around the 2k mark and used is perfectly fine!
Many thanks!
128x128uberwaltz
uber, I'm kind of going through this same exercise, looking for something better than my Bluesound Node 2.  The interface is pretty important to me, and that has eliminated a lot of contenders.  I've narrowed it down to Lumin either the D2 or U1 Mini (I can use it with my Auralic Vega DAC), and TEAC, the NT-505.  I'm leaning towards the NT-505, it's a bit less than the Lumin and you can use it with the Lumin software.
I was in the same boat (upgrading a Node 2i). I liked my DACs (RME ADI-2 DAC for headphones and Oppo 205 for speakers, so was just looking for a streamer with digital outputs. I decided to get the LUMIN U1 Mini last November. Haven’t been disappointed once with this unit. It has the full array of digital outputs: AES/EBU (XLR), S/PDIF Optical (Toslink), S/PDIF Coax (RCA cinch), S/PDIF Coax (BNC), and USB.

FYI: the TEAC NT-505 doesn’t have digital outs, so you must use its DAC and pass analog-output only. That’s the main reason I went with the LUMIN: they support their hardware for a long time, so if a DAC comes along that I just have to have (like an RME ADI-2 Pro updated to AKM AK4499 chips) then I know the LUMIN U1 Mini won’t become obsolete.

Obviously, if you’re looking for a streamer+DAC combo unit, the U1 Mini isn’t an option, so I recommend one of the less expensive LUMINs that has a DAC and a digital out (e.g., D2) just in case you want to get a different DAC in the future.

Cheers,
M1k3
OP - I have been very happy with my LUMIN D1 for 5 years. The Apple OS is the best way to interface with the unit - very stable and easy to navigate. I use Tidal HiFi with MQA as my source and the sound quality is great. You need an Ethernet connection directly into the unit - I feed out the balanced outputs into one stereo system and the RCAs into a second stereo system - both sound great. The current D2 model (replaced my D1) runs $2200 I think. It uses the wolfson dac chips. If you go up one level to the T2 you get the Sabre DAC chips, but the cost pops up to $4500.

lumin sends me software upgrades all the time via the internet - the D1 is still going strong, but I am considering an upgrade to the T2. Hope this helps
All great information from everybody and many thanks to all for that.
No decision has been made yet but I certainly have a lot to look at!
+2 Mytec Brooklyn

Fir 2 times yr budget Lumin T2. For the price nothing comes close.