Ethernet or USB

I asked this question at the PC board of the Asylum, but didn't get a clearly responsive answer.  I can use Ethernet from a router via a Google MIST network to an Ayre QX-5 Twenty or USB from an iMac to an Ayre DX-5 DSD.  The sound quality of either with streamed (Qobuz and Tidal), downloaded, or ripped files using Roon seems excellent, although it's been awhile since I've used the USB connection.  Is there a reason to prefer one over the other?

I haven't been spinning discs recently, but a couple of days ago I played an XRDC of Bill Evans "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" using the DX-5 DSD and was struck by the detail, depth (the bar sounds were well behind the musicians), and bass that seemed superior to what I recall with the DSD64 file I downloaded from Acoustic Sounds.

db
Ag insider logo xs@2xdbphd
I haven't been spinning discs recently, but a couple of days ago I played an XRDC of Bill Evans "Sunday at the Village Vanguard" using the DX-5 DSD and was struck by the detail, depth (the bar sounds were well behind the musicians), and bass that seemed superior to what I recall with the DSD64 file I downloaded from Acoustic Sounds.

Could it have been just the cd itself ?       Have you heard a difference when listening to other CDs that way ?
It could have been the XRDC.  

Rereading the reviews of the QX-5 Twenty answered my question.  I'll continue to use the Ethernet input.

db
Bought another XRDC and played it using the DX-5 DSD.  It's the XRDC that somehow sounds spectacular with that player.
After further reading and based on my previous experience, I wonder if both USB to the Ayre DX-5 DSD and Ethernet to the Ayre QX-5 Twenty in the same setup is redundant.  Both seem capable of providing superb sound with files sent from Roon.  I could move the QX-5 to the living room to replace the microRendu and Ayre Codex.  Advice sought.

db
Post removed