Turntable Advice Needed

I am looking to move my existing Rega RP3 to a secondary system and upgrade to a new turntable for my primary system. Current setup is a Plinius Hiato integrated with Dynaudio Contour 3.4 speakers. I stream via an Innuous Zenith server and a Lumin T2 streamer. I am extremely happy with the sound I am getting from this setup but think a turntable upgrade might be in order. Since I’ve had the Rega P1 and P3 my first thought was to just upgrade to the new P6. As I know nothing about the “sound” of different turntables I really don’t know what I might be missing. I’m not a big tweaker but just want something that sounds good.  Spending range is probably in the $1,500 -$2,500 range and I will also need a phono preamp. I can be persuaded to spend a bit more but am looking for the best sound/value ratio I can find. I’ve read in some threads that Rega lacks a bit in bass but I really don’t have anything to compare it to.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts/advice folks might be willing to share.

Many thanks

Ag insider logo xs@2xpuppyt
The Black 1210 is sold thru online, musician, DJ outlets. The silver 1200GR is sold thru audiophile or Technics home audio dealers. You can get get discounts on the Black 1210 thru places like Guitar center, etc. Audio dealers CAN get the black 1210GR however, the music, DJ dealers CANNOT get the silver 1200GR's (although I'm sure someone knows of an exception or two). There are much fewer silver 1200Gr's and most audio dealers have low or no stock. There are a couple places like Value Electronics and USA Tube Audio that seems to buy at larger volumes.

Where did you get that information from?
The DJ model is mk7, not the GR (no matter what color).
The SL1210 mk7 and SL1200GR are different turntables. 
The GR available in two colors S (silver) and B (black).
The mk7 also available in two colors 1200 mk7 is silver and 1210 mk7 is black. The stock availability always change, no matter what model. 

Like it was ages ago Technics supply those turntasbles in two colors, it was always like that with 1210 mk2 and 1200 mk2

I wanted to follow up on my purchase after having a chance to listen for awhile. Just to reiterate I purchased:

Dr. Feickert Volare
Jelco TK 850-S Tonearm
Delos Lyra MC Cartridge
Pro Ject Tube Box DS2 Phono Stage

To start, I went a fair amount above my original budget.  At the beginning, I didn’t know what I didn’t know.  During my research it became clear that there isn’t a smooth and direct correlation between an additional dollar spent and an equal amount of improved performance received. So I concluded that I needed to spend more than I originally thought to get some really upgraded performance. As it turns out I am really glad I did. The system sounds amazing. I’m not really proficient in all of the audiophile terminology but I am just really impressed with everything. I am hearing instruments and notes that I hadn’t heard before. Playing “Keith Don’t Go” from the Nils Lofgren Acoustic Live album just blew my socks off.  It felt like I was there. For me this is so much better than streaming although I still stream and still play CD’s. I am a believer in embracing all of the formats but I can definitively say that vinyl on this new system is my #1 choice.  It really allows me to just listen to the music which, after all, is the point of the whole thing.

Many thanks to everyone in this forum for their advice and ideas. They were invaluable.  Also, working with Upscale Audio was truly a pleasure. Kat and the rest of the team there know their stuff.
@puppyt Really good move as a Blackbird owner the Feickert tables are one the most neatral with a solid foundation to take advantage of any upgrades you make. I went from a Triplanar VII SE to a Thales Simplicity II tonearm and it was noticeable improvement. I just put on a Delos also, if you are on FB look up Dr Feickert USA and you will find my group just ask to join - Enjoy The Ride
I recently went through the same process for upgrading to my TT set up and eventually purchased a similar setup as the OP:

Dr. Feickert Volare
Jelco TK 850-S Tonearm
Hana MC Cartridge

The setup was more than what I was originally budgeted for but I am very happy with the decision to go with that direction. So far I have listened some of my records for only about 20 some hours and the experience is far more enjoyable than listening the same music/recording on my CDs. Similar to OP, I also purchased the setup from Upscale Audio and the same person, Kat, was very helpful to assist with the purchase.