Video question: 55" TV recommendations (details within)?

I am moving into a larger home, and intend to step up to a 55" TV. All recommendations welcome, but please note the following:

The TV will be used primarily for cinema, and especially DVDs. I will not be "gaming". I expect that I will begin to stream some films, but I typically use a high-quality DVD player. I don't care about audio except for connections to my stereo system. 

I have done some basic research, but would appreciate feedback from those with more TV experience. I don't expect that I would be at great risk to burn-in issues with OLED, but admit that it makes me a bit uncomfortable. I definitely do not need the latest and greatest, and would be happy to take advantage of deals in really good 2018/19 models.

Thanks in advance!
whipsaw
Post removed 
Post removed 
I have recently been out to different stores just to check out what's available now today.  I will say that I did not like any of the new flat panel televisions.  The new LED or OLED technology just does not look at natural as plasma or older LCD.  Granted, you get pictures that have extraordinarily bold colors and color saturation, but the image just looks artificial.  If I had to pick, Sony has the best and most natural LED/OLED televisions today.  Second would be Vizio.  LG and Samsung look so artificial that it's almost like watching a cartoon.   So if you had to buy something new, I would go with Sony.
Thank you all for your responses!

It is, in a way, pleasing that Sony is a consensus choice. I say that because before I moved out of the U.S., I had the last of the flagship Sony XBR CRT TV. It was a monster in terms of weight, but the picture was, to my eyes, better than any of the early flat-screen TVs. I owned it for years.

Again, thanks!