DIY Computer Audio Server or Melco N1Z/2EX-H60

Hi Everyone,
I would like to get an opinion on what music server has a better sound quality.
I want to buy a new Music server with min. 6 TB storage and I am looking at the moment on some different options. My budget is approx. $6000 and I want to connect the new server via Ethernet cable to my streamer.
Option 1: is buying the new Melco N1Z/2EX-H60 unpack it and enjoy the music.or
Option 2: building me own Music server using a HDPLEX H5 2nd Gen Fan-less PC Case withe a ASUS Workstation Motherboard, Intel XEON Possessor, industry graded memory modules, SSD and PCIe M.2 storage, JCAT Ethernet Card Femto, 400W Linear power supply.
Could anyone give me  some advice please, that has some experience Computer Audio Based Music Server.
Kind regards Roger
roger____
You seem to have good grip on optimized parts for a DIY server.  Most of what I have learned on the subject is in thread below.  I use and wholeheartedly endorse the JCAT Net Femto Ethernet card, powered externally by an inexpensive Zerozone LPS.  The JCAT improved a QNAP i5 TVS-882 in combination with SOtM renderer, USB conditioner, and modified EN hub-- all synchronized to a 10Mhz rubidium clock and powered by a four-rail Hynes SR7 DR LPS.  That's a lot of building blocks at higher cost relative to the Melco, but scalable to increasing performance levels if you want to grow.  
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/page/622/?tab=comments#comment-1020629
You seem to have good grip on optimized parts for a DIY server. Most of what I have learned on the subject is in thread below. I use and wholeheartedly endorse the JCAT Net Femto Ethernet card, powered externally by an inexpensive Zerozone LPS. The JCAT improved a QNAP i5 TVS-882 in combination with SOtM renderer, USB conditioner, and modified EN hub-- all synchronized to a 10Mhz rubidium clock and powered by a four-rail Hynes SR7 DR LPS. That's a lot of building blocks at higher cost relative to the Melco, but scalable to increasing performance levels if you want to grow.  
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/page/622/?tab=comments#comment-1020629

Thanks  dgarretson2,

if I understand you right, a DIY server wit hthe right components can sound better as the Melco?

Roger
I will be succinct and to the point .... get the Melco.
The odds of your being able to better the Melco going the DIY route are very low in my opinion.  And there is much more to it than just getting the right parts and wiring them up, but very much in how those parts are wired up.
I haven’t heard the Melco. My general opinion is that there is a performance advantage in separating the ethernet-to-USB rendering function from the CPU and mass storage. Optimizing the ethernet-to-USB renderering function frees you to employ a more or less standard, economical computer-grade CPU and storage(albeit enhanced at the ethernet interface with the LPS-powerd JCAT NIC.) In my case, I was led to an i5 NAS to support the Roon core and to provide scalable storage to 20TB to support lots of DSD files of vinyl recordings and ripped SACDs. The files are virtually indistinguishable from the sources.
HOWEVER, all decisions are made at a point in time.  The latest generation of standalone purpose-built servers like Melco, Innuos, etc. are so good that it is tempting to go with simplicity.