New Years Resolution .......

For the next month I am only going to listen to a full album before I move to the next artist / group . I have literally not listened to a full album in over ten years . Pretty much just hit shuffle on my Sony HapZ1es. 
128x128maplegrovemusic
About twenty years ago I thought it would be funny to press a CD such that it would play halfway through and stop, at which time the listener would have to instruct the player to play the second half. An imitation of getting up to flip an LP over. And at the end of the "first side" of the CD, the sound of a stylus scraping on a paper LP label would be heard ;-) .
Nobody gets up to flip the record at the symphony 

my resolutions in no particular order:

surf more, where the waves and sharks ain’t virtual 
read more
do more for the local food bank
argue less on Agon in particular
cellar more, drink the same
add another pro bono consulting client
breathe
love
immerse myself in music

As primarily a vinyl listener, I tend to listen to entire albums. 
Tim, I don’t care how you or anyone listens to your music, but let’s be factual. The order of an album is rarely the order in which songs were composed. Just like a book is not written in the order it appears (editinghn/shuffling/ etc) Sometimes it represents part of a concerted artistic vision, sometimes it does not-but I suspect it usually does. 
Is hifideity about reproducing artistic intent? If so, I am confused why you would think it anal to listen to an album in its entirety which is part of that artistic intent. If not, I am confused why you are on Audiogon. Not being disrespectful here, just don’t understand why your lens went to people being anal. I didn’t see this as a discussion of people curtailing your freedom or enforcing uniformity. Can you help me understand?
Working on So, Peter Gabriel agonized over the song order. In Your Eyes should by all rights have been the grand finale. But Gabriel knew that putting it that far in its awesome bass would be a problem. Ultimately of course it wound up being the first song on side 2. What I find interesting about this story is the level of detail and the range of factors that went into it. I mean, whoever would have thought, the details of cutting lacquer are why the best song came first instead of last?