WD-40 for electronics

I forgot who said it, but Im sure it was said. So I will ask the question... for "OLD" screechy volume pots and connections is there a miracle grease, solvent, or lubricant? Or did I read or hear this in my dreams??? If not Lets create a snake oil of "Snake Oil's" and get filthy like Mike at My Pillow. To his credit its a great product. Much better than the 60 dollar "Audiophile 12 inch Inner-tube" I bought to go under my 5 disk carousel Carver CD Player.With My Denon 270 receiver and if Im not mistaken DCM Time Window Speakers along with the first pair of rosenut HSU 30 somthing inch tall by around 14 inches wide cardboard tube subwoofers with a black knit around them. God did I think I was all that... Haha I can laugh at myself I hope you guys can too!

But seriously if there is a spray or grease to help... Please chime in... I need it.
128x128haywood310
wd40, NO.  But I had used it to free it up a frozen volume control on an old  (antique?) table radio.  But later  flushed it out with a regular contact cleaner.   I have had very good results using Radio Shack's Tuner Cleaner.

I think wd40 was used in my used ebay preamp volume control. Sure smelt like it. Scratchy, dirty, hard turning gunked up.   Radio Shack being no more, I used this cleaner that the mechanics use on our helicopters. I think it was the GC that was mentioned.  Pilferage but they won't miss a few squirts.  And not being in the repair business anymore, I didn't want to spend $12.00 for one use.  
I hesitated on using De-Oxit in potentiometers.  It might mistake the carbon film as oxidation and deox it.  External connections, great.
 When you then connect the cable and use, as electricity passes through the stabilant, it becomes some sort of super conductive material that enhances the connection point.

Unless it hardens, it will migrate. How does it insulate across the plastic and conduct across the metal?

The alcohol evaporates and leaves a thin film coating.  Let it dry, don’t let it migrate.
WD40 is a bomb in a can. It's highly flammable. I have never liked it. If you are after something along those lines look at LPS products. They actually make a dry film lubricant for electrical use that insulates from moisture. I am not advocating the use in electronic components until you have researched specific products.

https://www.itwprobrands.com/category-list-brand/lubricants/lps
My tiny vial of Tweek is now at least a decade old and it is still half full.  Green slime?  Huh?  Wha?  Maybe I should do a scientific experiment and put some on a handkerchief.