WD-40 for electronics

I forgot who said it, but Im sure it was said. So I will ask the question... for "OLD" screechy volume pots and connections is there a miracle grease, solvent, or lubricant? Or did I read or hear this in my dreams??? If not Lets create a snake oil of "Snake Oil's" and get filthy like Mike at My Pillow. To his credit its a great product. Much better than the 60 dollar "Audiophile 12 inch Inner-tube" I bought to go under my 5 disk carousel Carver CD Player.With My Denon 270 receiver and if Im not mistaken DCM Time Window Speakers along with the first pair of rosenut HSU 30 somthing inch tall by around 14 inches wide cardboard tube subwoofers with a black knit around them. God did I think I was all that... Haha I can laugh at myself I hope you guys can too!

But seriously if there is a spray or grease to help... Please chime in... I need it.
128x128haywood310
WD40 etches the metal as it is cleaning, not a great idea for electronics.  +1 for Deoxit D and G series.
The best thing by far is Stabilant-22 
not only is it a super conductor but works great for all audio contacts and vacuum tube pins ,first clean with
isopropyl alcohol. Put a few drops ina volume pot, it protects from
oxydation for a minimum of 12 years 
used by Nasa and many other high tech 
companies with Many awards.
WD-40

NO, NO, AMD HELL no!

never use we 40.

But a bottle of Mobile 1 FULL SYNTHETIC (quart)
buy a small dropper bottle, your oil reserves will be good for several years!

theres,no petroleum, and it is great oil. Slick and it stays put.
 Get the thick oil. 15w40 or close.

the best oil is either :....
Shell Rotella
or Delo 

great suff.