New Years Resolution .......

For the next month I am only going to listen to a full album before I move to the next artist / group . I have literally not listened to a full album in over ten years . Pretty much just hit shuffle on my Sony HapZ1es. 
128x128maplegrovemusic

Uh-oh!  I've been living every day as if it's my first.

Woops. I don't want to stop now just because I got it a tiny bit wrong!

It's really been a lot of fun thus far because there are none of those pesky, party pooping qualifiers like "as long as it's legal", "as long as nobody gets hurt", "as long as it's consensual" and "as long as All the zoo animals aren't let loose", etc.
     Shoot, now that I'm thinking about all the fun things I've been doing, maybe a few qualifiers wouldn't hurt, they might somewhat moderate the downside of living by this motto.

Tim
The biggest change the CD made to music listening was the elimination of the two sides of an LP. The songs on one side of an LP were programmed to flow independently of the other side. The CD of course has only one (playing) side, and for that reason a lot of CD's sound too long to me. The exception is the albums by artists good enough to have all grade-A songs, no filler.  
The wise lives this day like if it was the last,
but the great soul lives this day like it will be the first one...

My deep salutation to you noble100 the great soul...

My deep salutation to muzikat and Geoffkait, the wise one...

My deep salutation to this unknown animal and divine spirit that lives each day like the first and the last...

I feel lucky that I always, well, 99.9% of the time, listen to the whole album (lp)

I feel lucky that I always, well, 99.9% of the time, listen to the whole album (lp)

+1  Even streaming I listen to the whole album.  My take on it has always been, that the artist made and sequenced the album that way and I should listen that way...