12BZ7 ///12AX7

Could not finda  topic for tubes, so am using amps section.
After making the amazing discovery of the E80CC as sub for AU~~E80CC blows away every/all AU's, including the *Holy Grails/Siemens,Tele's*.
http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aaa0426.htm
at least in my Defy7, the swap was more than just significant, the Defy came to life from the grave.
I found the Siemens to bea  miniscle superior to Philips = both are equal IMHO, and the valvo Red label E80's going for $$$$$$$$$$ is a scam. Don't buy into it. 
Right now that tube  is going for $50/each. When word gets out  ~~Super Tube~~~the price will rocket, as that tube is not being produced any longer. 
I've loaded up on the Philips label.

so i figured,, maybe there is a  
~~Super Tube~~ for the AX..
After days/weeks of research,,i found this
12BZ7
https://www.radiomuseum.org/tubes/tube_12bz7.html

*Big Boys*
So  ordered a  bunch off ebay, and will arrive next week
Will post a  review.
can not find much on the INET about the 12BZ7,, anyone have experience with this tube?
mozartfan
Post removed 
BZ7’s arrived, = No go, 12AX7’s out shot the BZ’s in every area.
Now i am on witness a shoot out twix several AX’s
RCA Tall Black Plates vs
 Philips Miniwatt vs
Shugaung T series vs
Siemens  ,
~~~USA vs
Gerjmany vs
Holland vs
China~~~~~
One of these 4 finalists will be given a ~~~Gold Medal~~Silver Medal~~Bronze Medal~~Copper Medal.
,i have no idea howm this Olympic battle will go down.
All 4 are Legenday and may result in all receiving Gold = Miniscule dif.
also want to try Baldwin Organ AX’s. which i am guessing is a RCA.
IMHO Philips is Amperex SQ , made in the legendary Herleen plant,
Phlips Mini watts = Amperex Bugle Boys.
what it comes down to is this
All NOS (rated at least strong) are near equalin voicing. The more important concern are what caps are employed in the amps design.
Tech guys with testing equipment lay claim that if low price cap A tests near equal to high price cap B, then sonaiclly both with sound very sililiar ina amp.
Yet my concern is the limitations imposed by measurable equipment.
IOW I believe there may be more to a cap’s voicing of music, that can not be meausredn ~~~~completely with NUANCES~~~ by a test screen.
Its kinda of likea botanist studing flowers. A text book along with disections/images, still misses the flower in its own enviornment in full bloom.
someone over at DIY mentioned it is near impossible to determine the sound quality of a unit, based ona compressed YT vid witha low level mic/camcorder.
True and yet not so true.
I have skill at listening to what a unit sunds like in real time. If you can not hear the high fidelity of these M caps, you need a hearing aid.
The M caps glorious sing the muisc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfqWgHqiPwQ
Mahlerfan, do you give your tubes time to break in??
It seems like they go in and out of your amp pretty fast.

Try some "used test strong" Telefunken 12ax7 when you get a chance. They’re solid all-rounders, and relatively common on the 2nd hand markets. But favorite 12ax7, by a good margin, has been the Mazda silver/chrome plate. Unfortunately they’re rare and expensive ($350+ a pair), and they have a bit of extra energy up top - so won’t be ideal for systems that need a push towards a relaxed top end.

Also I like those RCA tall black plates pretty well, but think the Mazdas are much better.
@lowrider57 I responded to the Q concering so called ~~Burn In Theory~~ over at my New Kids topic.
There i completely expose that scam and believe my comment is 
verifible , believebale, honest, fair, unbiased.
I put the final, last nail in 
~~The  Snakeoil Coffin* once and for all.
 @ Mulveling
Someone here on audiogon mentioned in a  post, he has tried Teles and Siemens , the Teles he found more on the ~~warm~~~ side, vs the highly detailed Siemens. 
I always go for clean/clean/details. 
I have Siemens AX's / RCA AX's /tall blacks, arriving this week. 
Look or a YT vid upload , late sunday night. 
The Mazada's , chome plates, , I recall havinga  pair, i did not like them at all.

My system now with new added silver sterling to speakerwires (16 individual wires total, = biwire 1 copper + 1 sterling 14 ga silver  = 2 X 8 = 16 insul wires,,,
and the wires are correctly employed = no criss crossing .
+ took out the E188's in the Lite LS9 Jadis clone pre and installed tyhe stock EH 12AT7's and that as well made a futher gain in details, but is more *beefier* sound, not as laid back/quiet,  as the E188's. Prefer the AT's overall. and so the AT's will remain.
My system has made some progess, and will report back on futher mods/critque.
Our goal here is to finda  path to Pure Class A resolution/highest fidelity. 
3 things , no 4 things are required
1) Patience
2) reserachreserachresearch
3) trial and error
4) $$$$$$$$