Itching for better sound

Pretty happy with sound through my Sennheiser HD700s listening through headphone amp to classical CDs on Marantz CD6006...but too much headphone listening makes my ears buzz, so I want to start listening more through speakers.

Could set up either the Marantz or a NAD 516bee cd player, connected with RCA to an old Denon AVR1404 receiver to speakers.  My PSB speakers are fair.  What I want to know is how much will a pair of Kef LS50s improve my sound?  Is my $800cdn (used) better spent on something else--other speakers or another component?
shostakovich
I haven't heard one, but the latest Outlaw Audio RR2160 Stereo Receiver at $850 gets great reviews.  May be your biggest bang for the buck and tie what you already have together.
Klipsh?  You have got to be kidding.  Since when are they an audiophile speaker?  Unless, you like your ears to be drilled with high frequencies.

I agree, save up your money until you are ready.
Klipsh?  You have got to be kidding.  Since when are they an audiophile speaker?  Unless, you like your ears to be drilled with high frequencies.

I agree, save up your money until you are ready.
I recommend a Yamaha A-S801 integrated amplifier. If you don't need the Video features of your AVR this will make your PSB speakers sound brand new and will pair well with any other new speakers you bring in.

I addition you can try the built-in DAC on the A-S801 via optical/coax from your Marantz - you might prefer that clean Sabre sound. Two upgrades in one!