Vandersteen 2ce Signature vs Tekton Double Impact

Which of these loudspeakers would you "goners" choose. Any other recommendations for loudspeakers 3500 and under new. Martin logan Esl? Maggie 1.7i?
jeffvegas
I’ve owned a lot of speakers over the years including Vandersteen, Magnepan, Von Schweikert, Harbeth and others. You’re right, Tekton doesn’t use the most expensive drivers or elaborate cabinet design. But, the tweeter array Eric has developed and how he has implemented it in a variety of speakers is the REAL DEAL. I don’t think you would be disappointed.
For anyone interested in the physics of multiple tweeter design, watch GR Research's Danny Richie's Tech Talk Tuesday videos on You Tube, a couple of which deal with that very topic.
@OP,
I wanted to inquire before giving an opinion. Since you are familiar with the Vandy 'sound', then that makes it easier to give advice.
I know this is probably going to start a flame war, but I will give my opinion nonetheless.
As previous posters have indicated Vandersteen has been around for decades. For good reason, they provide great sound at a reasonable price point. Add to that time and phase coherency, in the higher models- pistonic drivers and  equalized bass.
I have limited experience with Tekton, but I and a few others found them to be engaging at first, but eventually fatiguing as the listening session extended. -Which is something a Vandy speaker never does.
I believe Tekton offers a trial period, so you can give them a try and only lose shipping if you don't like them. Though from what I have read, you have to send them back in pristine condition.
For my money, I would get a pair of used Treo's (Quatro's if you can swing it). Don't sweat the CT tweeters. Otherwise, a pair of Magnepans or Sound Labs if you want to try electrostatic speakers.
Different opinions should not initiate a flame war. Audio is about as subjective as any endeavor could be. That’s exactly why several posters have explicitly recommended listening to these various speakers and making your own determination as to their merits.

I could easily envision the Double Impacts providing a fatiguing presentation depending on the other components in the signal chain. I could imagine them being described as warm and laid back (And all points between) simply due to what’s up stream of them. Drive them with a Luxman tube amplifier and then switch to a Parasound transistor amplifier. You’ll hear the same speaker sound quite different. This chameleon trait is good.
Charles