Upgrade to Oppo?

A used Oppo BDP-95 just became available near me.  I've been using a Rega Planet that has served me well for 15 yrs but been thinking of a change.  Don't really need it for video, just two channel (Although I may just put it in my living room TV system, it will probably be better than the old Sony DVD player we are currently using!).  The Planet was well regarded in its day but one thing that has always slightly bugged me about the Rega is that you can hear the small disc in the CD cover spinning.  Barely audible but noticeable at times on quiet passages.  

So, any thoughts on the two?  I know the Oppo players are pretty popular.

Thanks
pkatsuleas
the 95 is a really excellent player--it presents a lot more detail than my pretty good rotel and arcam cdps; you can also use it to play flac files through a usb drive. it's an older piece, so i wouldn't pay a super-premium for it, but it's pretty impressive.
If 2-channel music is all you need, then invest in a good CD/SACD player than an Oppo. You will need either a 105/205 as a real upgrade.
I have a BDP-95 and was lucky enough to get a UDP-205 when they were produced.

As much as I like my 205 in my main system, I enjoy the difference the 95 made in my living room system 10x more.

I replaced a few hundred dollar Sony blu ray player. The sound with the 95 just gained much more authority. More solid, well defined bass....better timing all around, detail and believability.

Do note....the 95 has a rear fan for cooling. If you can hear the disc spinning on your Planet, you may hear the fan on the 95 too (upside....the fan allows for minimal space required on top).

Going to a 105 eliminates fan and adds a headphone jack.
What’s your budget? A lot of CDP’s out there that are better than any stock Oppo, including the 205 which I own. I prefer my Cambridge 851C over my UDP 205. For what used Oppo’s are going for these days, for the money you can do better.

If your Rega is still playing I’d maybe start with a stand-alone DAC then pick up a Cambridge CXC transport as an example. I haven’t heard a Denafrips Ares DAC yet but it’s getting a lot of great press and it’s a reasonable place to start. 
He did say that the Oppo was available near him....was part of the motivation....