Has anyone seen this...?

https://youtu.be/FjNzmamqlUk

I'm just surprised by the set-up...
128x128infection
I imagine if you were moving components and speakers in and out of your system constantly you might forego some of the anal retentive OCD traits that some embrace, too. I’m sure there is a lot of repositioning when critically listening. Since he lives in Brooklyn there is a fair amount of street noise that comes through. Sometimes it can be heard during his blogs. That would tend to explain why he is such a headphone enthusiast.
As far as his style, I think he does an excellent job of showing enthusiasm for the hobby and can be helpful in exposing people to aspects they may not be familiar with. Try to remember back to a time before you already knew everything. Steve does all right. He has nearly daily videos. That’s an awful lot of content. No one is making you watch it all.
And listening to a system over a mic, YouTube compression, and whatever system you’re using for playback has got to be useless. There are people targeting headphone listeners that use binaural rigs to record systems but I still think there are too many layers to discern the finer character of the sound that you might be wanting to experience.
     Don't misunderstand, I think a lot of us like Steve, his knowledge,quirkiness,podcasts and enthusiasm, at least I do. He reminds me of his fellow neurotic New Yorker, Woody Allen, and sometimes it's best if we don't know all the vast and painfully detailed repercussions of his neurosis.  A little reserve, discretion and mystery can often be preferable.  

Tim 
@infection .....................check out Michael Fremers listening room then.   
I like Steve. He’s quirky but fun.

The guy I find to be annoying in Hans Beekhuyzen. It’s nothing personal, I just find him affected, unlistenable.
Post removed