bookshelf speakers to replace my Maggies

I've loved Magenpan speakers from the first moment I heard a pair in 1983. I've owned and listened to various Maggies for twenty-five years but a few months ago my "vintage" speakers (1.5) gave out. For all the obvious space/marital reasons, I can't replace them, at least for now. I picked up a pair of PSB Imagine B speakers and I like them; they keep me going. But I sorely miss that Magnepan sound--the presence, the realism, the emotional beauty, the "air." I've never heard another speaker that can reproduce acoustic instruments like Maggies. 

I want to start scheming and thinking. I would greatly appreciate any advice on a pair of bookshelf speakers that might fill the void. I know this may sound illogical, but perhaps a pair that creates something somewhat similar to the Magnepan sound. (I understand that the designs are radically different, create different senses of space, etc.) Let's say under $4000. To be clear, I'm not looking for "the best bookshelf speaker" but, for those who know Maggies, the speaker that can have its own identity and yet ... how else to put this? ... make me happy the way my Maggies did.

Thank you very much!
northman
Other speakers you should consider the Jantzen Valencia monitors, the Quad Z series uses a fantastic ribbon tweeter and are very inexpensive $2,500.00 for the Z2 monitor. 

You may also want to check out the Scansonic line and the higher end Elac monitors. 

Many of these systems with high technology tweeters capture some of the Maggie sound and in terms of image placement all of these monitors will recreate a more realistic sound stage then the Maggies. 
And, Audioconnection has both the Vandy VLR's and the new Maggies.
Johnny says they are selling like hotcakes.
Bob
If you have the possibility to go to stores in New York you could listen to Boenicke W5 or W8. The W5 is very small and beautiful but sounds much larger than it is. I have heard it at shows and really liked it. The W8 might be better if you have a large room, they are only about 80 cm (32 inch) in height and will probably not block the windows too much.

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/speakers/boenicke-audio-w5/
Once again, thank you all. I'm keeping up with this thread and at least researching all these speakers. Mostly I'm thinking: "how'd they do that?". I can get to New York or Boston relatively easily, and I'll plan on that. There's also an audio show in Montreal in March which is not far from me; I plan to hit that up. Looking at last year's exhibitors, only some of the speaker companies were on that list--but I'm excited to check out the scene. (Do they give discounts if you buy at a show?)

Thanks, y'all.  
+1 Boenicke W5.  Both Boenicke and Joseph Audio have dealers in NYC, and Audio Connection is fairly close by in NJ and also certainly worth a visit while you’re there.