Vinyl cleaning and alcohol

Hej

What is the latest truth about alcohol being harmful or not harmful to vinyles?
I'v read that yiu should never use alcohol in the cleaning solution because of "this and that". I've never read anyone saying; "I've destroyed all my vinyls due to alcohol in the cleaning solution". On the other hand I have read several posts saying that they have been using alcohol for 5, 10 even 20 years without hearing any degeneration of the vinyles.

I got worried after have been cleaning all my best old vinyles with Okki Nokki cleaning fluid, so I searched the net for facts. I found hypotheses why alcohol is harmful and statements that it's not.

So what is the truth? 
simna

What's are "vinyles"? Oh, you mean LP's. Yes, LP's are made of vinyl. Do we call our car tires "rubbers"? I for one don't. We older guys reserve that term for a different product.

If you clean your LP's once after acquisition on a vacuum-type cleaning machine (VPI, Nitty Gritty, Keith Monks, etc.), and the alcohol-containing fluid is on the LP for only 30 seconds or so, what's to fret about? 

For those wanting an alcohol-free cleaning fluid, the good folks at Brooks Berdan Ltd. (specifically Sheila Berdan and Joe Knight) have reintroduced the TM-8 RCM cleaning fluid developed by a chemist friend of Brooks' back in the 1980's. Sheila and Joe are calling it Groovy Solutions, and it's good stuff. I have some of the original left in a gallon jug, right next to my drinking alcohol.

Exactly... I also wanna see some scientific evidence that states alcohol (in reasonable amount, like in these sold to be used for vinyle cleaning. Or atleast hear from someone who have had bad experince with these solutions. And I don't mean those that are home made.
Evidence does exist that alcohol does damage both the vinyl surface as well as to the stylus itself.
However, rumor has it that this evidence is kept highly secret by those directly affected.

Some conspiracy theories suggest the alcohol was only lightly diluted , often with ice and not applied directly to the lp ......
Excuse me...I meant LP:s. And singles. But I didn't want to write that I was cleaning singles too. So I just called them vinyles. Someone could missunderstand me for thinking that people that are single are dirty and have to be cleand. 

I have actually tested L'Art du Son which I find much better than the Okki Nokki solution.