where to go from here..,,

I stumbled on a steal for Aerial 7T's that I couldn't pass up, and love them. I know they aren't geting the best from the rest of the system...
Oppo BDP103, Odyssey Stratos powering the Aerials, then Yamaha RXA3010 powering PSB center and surrounds (rear and sides).

My serious listening is 2 channel, so my upgrade interests lie in the area of improving that. I do have a sub for movies, but its not in the loop on 2 channel.

From my reading so far, a separate pre- with HT bypass is likely to provide the best improvement in 2 channel SQ(?)

My room is 'live', 19X12X8, tv mounted high between speakers, with the mains about 42" from front baffle to wall behind, and about 28" from side walls. I am learning to use a computer with high rez digital downloads through the Oppo or Yamaha DAC's to feed better source material. No interest or budget for vinyl.

Any thoughts and guidance appreciated....thanks
english210
From my reading so far, a separate pre- with HT bypass is likely to provide the best improvement in 2 channel SQ(?)

Absolutely! Putting a stereo pre-amp in the mix will definitely improve your 2 channel listening. It has been my experience that the 2 channel pre-amp sections in most AVR's are merely an afterthought. And this is where the refinement will come from - the pre-amp.

Since Ricred1 has the same speakers you have, it would be wise to listen to him. I think his Parasound separates are a terrific choice and offer a lot of performance for the money. The P5 pre-amp may be a good place to start and it also has HT Bypass.

Don't forget that there are many high quality integrateds with HT Bypass too. This is the route I took in order to reduce the amount of components in my installation. And I really couldn't be happier. Good luck!
I should add that I have Wireworld Silver Electra Powercords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse interconnect, Wireworld Gold Starlight 7 digital cable, GIK room treatment, and a PS Audio Dectet Power conditioner. My point, is not just about the amp and preamp, but the room and every component having synergy.
I have no illusions about 'if I get the right preamp, all will be perfect' :) I know better than that!! I have an ordinary HDMI from the Oppo to the Yamaha, and a $60 Audioquest RCA from the Yamaha to the amp, then sold old....and I mean OLD Monster to the speakers. Although the guy here that I got the amp from said it was as good or better than some of the newer speaker cables. The room needs treatment, but I'll be limited in what I can do since it's also the family room. I'm not aiming for perfection, just a progression to improve where I can. Cables I'm almost scared of since although I've heard differences with hardware, I havent (yet?) with cables/wires
Pre-amp, pre-amp, pre-amp!!! But you gotta give us a budget to get any useable suggestions.
At the risk of opening the field too wide, budget isn't as important as getting what will work best. I'd rather buy once than buy something knowing it's an intermediate step.... The speakers I'd pretty decided on almost 2 years ago, but due to price had held off til I could afford them, and I see this the same way. Value is still important however :)