Moving cables around killed dynamics for days anyone else experience this?

I've been experimenting with different cables between components. Nothing sounds right since trying to improve sound with new mix of cables. There is no bass and boring, highs are okay but life is gone from system. So I flipped everything back the way it was still sound horrible. Ran everything 24/7 for a couple days still no go. Let it run a couple more days dynamics are back and bass is full big and has tone again and enjoyable to listen to. Can someone tell me why this happens. I've also moved just speaker cables around without unhooking them and seen this happen, I don't get it.
paulcreed
Handling or moving cables, plugging and unplugging cables, changing cables can often change the sound. That is why I take cable comparisons and evaluations with a grain of salt. It is best to wait for the cables and the delicate electrical/mechanical connections to “settle in” once the cables are connected, maybe a few days. You have to consider the system as a whole. It is also suggested to clean all electrical contacts and use a contact enhancer of your choice. If the cables are NEW you might have to wait quite a while before they sound their best. Of course, as oft mentioned, for best results cables should undergo some advanced break-in procedure. You’ve also got cryogenics and cable elevators to consider. 
Some cables absolutely don’t like to be moved around and need a little time to settle back into a system. @geoffkait is right on this based on my experience.  This is especially true of power cables.  

Yup. You just experienced settling.

The unresolved question is what you would have heard from the new arrangement if you'd left it that way for 4-5 days.

Another “audiophile oddity” is that unused cables in the listening room hurt the sound. Take them out of the room ASAP. Unused electronics in the room and musical instruments in the room also hurt the sound. No, I’m not hot doggin’ ya! 🌭
geoffkait- Another “audiophile oddity” is that unused cables in the listening room hurt the sound. Take them out of the room ASAP. Unused electronics in the room and musical instruments in the room also hurt the sound. No, I’m not hot doggin’ ya!

I would say that if someone thought having an unplugged cable sitting on a table would change the sound of their system it would be more than "odd". Same with unplugged components as long as they are not stacked high. But there is some truth to this statement when it comes to unused speakers. The cones can start moving  "sucking up" some of the sound. While I don’t think this matters if it is just a small speaker or two in the back of the room........But people that have a "wall of speakers" set up and only listen to one at a time might be compromising their system.