THD In Light Bulbs

I have replaced a 40w incandescent light bulb with a 12w LED light bulb. The new LED is way brighter. In fact, the box says that it's a 75w equivalent. The box also shows something interesting:

Power Factor >.90  
THD: <35%

I've read that LEDs are essentially diodes. How does this affect noise in the mains? Do LEDs inject more, less, or the same amount of THD into the mains as incandescent/fluorescent lights? 
c_avila1
Basically a switching power supply, akin to a USB charger, and about the same power level as well.

I don't see anything about EnergyStar for these bulbs. If they were EnergyStar, they would have to meet some minimum power factor requirements that would normally mean less harmonics on the AC line. Since they don't appear to be, they could be poor (akin to those USB chargers).

b_limo1,065 posts01-04-2020 12:01pmCan someone elaborate on smart light bulbs?  I recently added 8, color changing, dimmable, smart led bulbs from sengled...

Depends on the light. I've heard and measured on a scope what compact fluorescent light bulbs do an AC line and they are horrible.

Others have reported issues with dimmable LED's. The traditional wall dimmer is also a potential noise source.

I try to keep everything that switches outside of my clean power zone. This includes network routers, etc.
audiozenology"That is a link to a highly technical article, that is itself really only applicable to one IC / control architecture. Most EEs would not understand the subtleties of it"

It’s much more science-based, factual, and authoritative than sites such as wikpedia and it’s level of math is well within that which a real EE could understand it’s not fair to dismiss with "a wave of the hand" real science just because it might confuse some and even you perhaps!
It would be within the realm of an EE if they had the experience and knowledge on the topic. EE is a big area and most EE's would not have the specific knowledge in the area for this article to be of much use without some extensive studying. Heck many EEs who work in this area do not understand what's discussed very well.   I am very qualified to make that statement. You are not. It's not really appropriate to the ops question as it only deals with one particular implementation that could be one of numerous used in a bulb and says little about PF and THD of actual LED bulbs. 

Again, if you are going to troll me, which you are obviously doing as you respond almost every post I make in new threads, then you need to step up your technical game.
My biggest concern is that LEDs may inject more noise into the AC line than incandescent light bulbs. If that's the case then I'll continue to use incandescent bulbs. Also, I've recently installed Akiko Audio and Perfect Path Technology products in my system that helped clean up noise in my AC. It's important not to counteract their effects.