Is a stereo system a tougher sale to young people?

I have been listening to my Grado PS 500s lately and am being immersed in the tonal accuracy of these cans. I'm thinking if I had grown up with headphones as of todays audio generation it might be different. If I hear a good stereo I would critique it more and weigh the cost. True, back in the day, I'm 57 I would notice the articulate sound of cans. Todays headphones 🎧 do up the game quite a bit. What do you young people think? Do you think spending 10 times the cost of your headphone set up ( could include amp streamer and hi end cans) to approach the headphone sound is worth it? I get the 10x from Stereophile Lets say 2k investment in a headphone set up would equate to a 20k stereo setup. Now if you want loud deep accurate bass then maybe a little more. Let us hear your opinions.
128x128blueranger
Personally I think in 20 years our disposable income is going to be going towards the most wanted and to die for product around. Your very own personal robot!!!
Not one of my four children has any interest in audio systems, despite growing up with decent system always in our house.  They seem quite happy to listen to Spotify quality over ear buds or just out of their cell phone speaker.  They are less materialistic than my generation and focus more on relationships with friends and travel.
Young kids love earbuds so they can go deaf and so High End Audio doesn't matter to them.
I offered to let my kid hear the Billie Eilish album on vinyl on my rig with the big sub. "No thanks, Dad, I’ve got my Raycons."