Bryston's BP-26 vs 17 cubed

I’m curious if anyone has done a serious comparison of Bryston’s BP-26 and the 17 cubed? I have been demoing the 17 cubed for approx. 40 hours now. Previous preamp was Classe’ Sigma SSP. My other gear consists of Joseph Audio Pearl 20/20, Classe’ CAM-600, PS Audio Memory player and Directstream Senior. I like the 17 and will be demoing the 26 towards the end of the month. The 17 has a nice warmth to it without sounding too syrupy. From what I have gathered the 26 will have more punch towards the base mid-range, and perhaps more detail? I have narrowed it down to either of these two units, not interested in other preamp suggestions. If anyone can shed some insight into this it will be greatly appreciated.
jakesnak
The new MPS-2 is a big improvement over the 17. I talked with a few guys who have listened to both...John
I don't understand longer interconnects than speaker cables??? My Cardas Clear Reflections are 3m? My xlr are 2m...John
jakesnak, I'm looking forward to hearing your comparsion. Especially being able to compare using polarity invert switch on the BP-26. I've owned (and loved) my BP-25 for years and always use the phase button for best sound. Only listen to CD's.
Thanks for the tip on the polarity invert switch. Have you ever heard the 17 cubed? I think its going to boil down to if the detail and transparency on the 26 is greater than the refinement of the 17cubed? Your 25 is pretty close to the 26... Details can certainly captivate a set of ears. Although listening as I write, 17 sounding pretty damn good! Really looking forward to the experiment, as indicated earlier, I have a good rapport with my dealer here in NC (Goldprint Audio). He's pretty much a straight shooter. (rare in the audio world) Their isn't many 26's available so he ordered one to be made at Bryston so I can do the comparison...Will post the results for sure...John
Sorry, no I've not heard the 17 cubed. If I upgrade it would be to the BP-26 for the phase switch that to me makes a noticeable improvement on many recordings.