Aric Audio? First Watt? PrimaLuna?

Looking to purchase a new amp.  Currently I have an Odyssey Khartoga SE.  Speakers: B&W 705s2, 88db.  DAC: Metrum Onyx using Coax from a Singxer SU-1 w/upgrades.  Using a Raspberry PI running MPD.  I have a fairly large collection of digital files.  Turntable is a EAT C-Major w/Lehman phono amp.  Aric Audio Unlimited preamp.

I am looking at an Aric Audio Transcend Push Pull, a First Watt J2, F6 or SIT-3, or a PrimaLuna DIaglogue Premium.  I have always wanted a tube amp and I definitely want to take my amp to the next level.  I feel it is the weakest link I now have.  I don't want a tube amp that I have to bias and I don't want to have to replace the power tubes every 2 years at $600 up.

Heat is a concern.  My "listening room" is my garage, unheated and uncooled except what I can get thru the kitchen door when the temps get above 90 or below 45.  Between those I tend to leave the garage door open as I love the sunshine.  So my components sit in a cabinet to protect them.  I can leave the door open and I have cooling fans in the cabinet.

The First Watt interests me and the sound, from what I have read, seems like what I want.  But then so do the tube amps.  So, I am looking for .....wisdom.  Yours specifically.  What are your thoughts? 

Thanks!
128x128jgoldrick
I have the PL 40w/channel integrated amp auto bias. One thing about them I like is the 80 watt limitation.  I told the Marten Speaker rep that I don't need an  800 hp at the wheels car to drive 45mph to work.  If you listen at normal levels I think that gets lower power amps in the sweet spot where the tubes actually work.  I have not attempted to prove that though. Its driving Vandersteen speakers beautifully.  Not sure how the PL would match up with your speakers.  
Well, the First Watt is definitely out.  I never heard back from pass, but Moon audio and Reno Hi-Fi both said my speakers are not efficient enough.  Glad I asked on here and thanks for your wisdom. You saved me from a possibly expensive mistake.

I am looking at the xa25 Pass, but it's out of my price range. If I can't find it used I'll have to pass on that, pun intended!
Upsacale Audio will absolutely try to push their product...they are as self serving as they come.  I own both Aric Audio gear and Pass gear and will recommend with no hesitation reaching out to Aric at Aric Audio. I have his Motherlode pre, and have heard several of his amps. And when the wife is in a good mood as it relates to my esoteric audio hobby, will have him build some bespoke mono amps for me as well. 
I’ll add to my previous comments that Iike Coachpoconnor I too own and am delighted with an XA25, and although I use it with speakers that are much more sensitive than yours I too believe that it would be a fine match for your speakers. Stereophile measured its maximum power capability as being 80 and 130 watts into 8 and 4 ohms, respectively, much greater than its specified 25 and 50 watt ratings which are apparently based on its capabilities before leaving class A operation as well as on distortion percentages that are much tighter than the reasonable percentages Stereophile uses in its evaluations.

I say all of that as someone who has traditionally used tube amplification over the years.

I hope you can find one used, at a price that fits your budget.

Regards,
-- Al