Floor protection from spikes

Hi,

My new speakers are 190lbs each and come with heavy duty spikes, not so good for my hardwood floor.
What type of spike protection do you suggest?
Using Canadian dollar coins right now.
I will not be getting the Gaia Titans.

Thanks, Happy New Year.

munchoba
I use Vibrapods under my Heresy IIIs, and did under my previous SIlverline Preludes also (the Preludes sat on maple butcher blocks).  I put stick-on felt pads under the "pods" so they can't mar the floor and I can micro move the Heresies or simply push them around when they get out of line.
Great advice; thx. Where do I get gliders?
These are Acapella La Campanella 2 horn speakers. Not getting any spousal love as they are damaging the floors.

When you get the Sorbothane pads put a layer of plastic wrap or something similar between the pads and the wood floor. The black pigment in the pads will leach into the wood and leave a permanent stain. That was an expensive lesson for me.
Which ones did you order munchoba?

If you got the 70 hardness rated ones, then they are pretty useless for your application. Assuming you used 3 or 4 per speaker, they are going to do just about nothing under 100Hz. They are way too stiff for the weight of your speakers.

If you got the 50 hardness, then 3 of them would work, but is already pretty stiff. 4 would be even stiffer.

5 or 6 of the 30 hardness (4 likely doable) would provide the best isolation.

munchoba OP4
posts01-01-2020 1:57pm

Thank you both.
I ordered the sorbothane pucks.