Wide dispersion speakers for a large room

I'd like some advice/suggestions for speakers to use in a large room (25 x 40) with a cathedral ceiling. They'll be placed on the long wall. Imaging ability isn't terribly important as I'll be listening from different locations in the room.

My budget is $3500. Because of the room, speaker placement will be no more than a couple of feet from the wall, but nowhere near any side walls.

Are there any designs or brands that suit my situation better than others? (e.g., are ribbon tweeters better or worse than dome). I'been thinking hard about the Revel Performa3 F206, ProAc D20R, Spendor D7. These are all close to my budget if bought used.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
alex_s
Alex you have a very difficult room with that kind of budget typically you need a very large high displacment loudspeaker with great efficiency.

What amplifer do you have with how much power?

Do you listen loud?

How fear away from the speakers will you sit?

What kind of music do you like?

Any chance of home theater or adding a center channel?

Can you install a couple of subwoofers?

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Revel is notorious for wide dispersion with their waveguide tweeters. but you would need at least the f208 to get decent tone balance in that room. Buy used.
Another option is 2nd hand powered speakers from a company like Dynaudio that have a rep for bass, for whatever reason a powered speaker will pressurize a room better than a passive one of similar size. 
For the size of the room, and I assume untreated, perhaps a JBL horn loaded design will suit your needs?