Martin Logan Quest Z Bass - can it be fixed ?

Ok, I'm about to pick some of these up...auditioned them today for about an hour. Yes, like others have written/found, the bass is muddy. It would be liveable for quite a while, but I'm just wondering, what can be done about it ? Maybe a Velodyne sub ?
mikey44
Ok, well, I hooked up (finally :) the Maggie SMGa's I've had here...too much stuff...

They sound pretty good, not the same as the Quest Z's mids and highs but very nice...a little light in the bass, but...

I also have Maggie MGIIa's that need rewiring. And, with a little research I find some average prices:
SMGa - $300
MGIIa - 420

So I get to wondering, should I get the MGIIa's rewired ? They're very very nice otherwise. I'm a believer in the theory that $ = quality, so, maybe I should sell the SMGa's and keep the MGIIa's ? This is alongside the 'quest' for a better panel/hybrid also of course...one never knows what Santa will bring home (Quest Z's ?) right ?
FWIW, IMHO, There are things that the ML's do better than the Maggies, but ultimately I prefer the overall balance of the Maggies. I think the 3 series is the sweet spot in the Maggie line, with enough range and balance not to leave one (well maybe just me :-)) wanting, and ultimately providing the most satisfaction for the money.
Yea, I see a bunch of MG3.6R's for sale...just a little more than I wanted to spend (unless I were to sell something) now. There are a pair 2 hrs away I may hear, and he also has Acoustat 1+1's for sale too.
How about an older pair of the Maggie 3 series? The 1+1's were nice in their day, but how would you get them serviced today?
What happened with the Thiel 3.5's?
The Thiels are out. I really wanted a non-box speaker next anyways, but I know the guy, and the price is right I think. Still I want non-box. Not sure re the 1+1's. I don't know re the 3 series, I'm somewhat a newbie re non-box speakers, but I figure, the amount they sell for is proportional to what they;ll sound like. The same guy who has the 1+1's has 3.6R's too, but too much $ for me right now.