New Magnepan "Concept Speaker" introduced at Audio Connection

Just saw a Youtube clip by the Audiophiliac Steve Guttenberg on this new design by Magnepan. He raved about these speakers on the realism that they created. Anyone else heard these???
mr_m
If you get a chance a must audition of a planar magnetic speaker is the GT Audio Works.
TheyDo not use a crossover on the main 6 foot planar magnetic panel and rely upon a sophisticated open baffle servo woofer system.
Herb Reichert from Stereophile said they sounded fantastic at Capital Audiofest and said they could go toe to toe with any speaker cost no object.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gt-audioworks-loudspeakers-pass-laboratories-eletronics-basis-au...
I’m proof that a DBA can work with Maggie’s, I built my system around the concept. It’s all active with a mini DSP, 8 channels (4 subs) with 12 biquad filters on each. The filters were generated with an Earthworks Mic that measures +-30k using Room EQ Wizard, results plugged into Multi Sub Optimizer without any restrictions.  The results are breathless, total seamless integration. I had a friend over who notes that the 20.1’s were full range speakers and asked me to turn off the subs as he couldn’t hear them. I muted them and played the same piece and he couldn’t believe the difference. I just wanted to affirm the statements above that DBA’s work wonders and is the only real way to tame low end room distortion and seamless integration in my opinion. 
I wish I had known about this demo at Audio Connection.
I definitely would have stopped by.
So what's the deal with this concept speaker ?
A departure from planar bass to OB dynamic bass drivers ?
Sounds very interesting.
Can anyone elaborate ??
Greg
https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/magnepan-focus-group-event/

Quote....
"The bass unit was about 3 feet tall and about 1 foot wide. The cabinet or structure consisted of a V shaped open baffle with 8 total drivers—4 vertically mounted dynamic cone woofers on each side of the V. These woofers were approximately 6.5 inches in diameter. Though there has been several dynamic cone dipolar designs attempted before, Wendell commented that this was a unique design that utilizes DSP and would eventually be patented. Yes, I said DSP! "
To what gnjtack said, I'd add that the planar panels are only 12" wide and use technology adapted from the 30.7. So you could think of it as a 30.7 with compact dynamic dipole woofers. Also that the DSP is used only on the woofers -- if Magnepan commercializes the concept, it will come with DSP and a high-powered woofer amp (the panels will be powered by your own amplifier).