Cartridge, Compliance, try what in my JVC UA-7082 Arm?

So, what to try in my new JVC UA-7082 Tonearm when it comes? (effective length 282mm) (11-1/8")

Guidelines? Advice? (I never bothered learning about compliance, I guess now's the time).

Anyone know the Mass of the UA-7082 Tonearm without a cartridge _______?

Self Imposed Restrictions:

High Output, 4.0mV or more (to avoid tube preamp hum zone until it's repaired).

MM Only. (I am fundamentally opposed to MC pre-pre amp, as well as needing high output).

Motley Crew On Hand:

4 headshells, none special

Shure MicroRidge Stylus and V15VxMR Cartridge

Shure V15VMR Cartridge (no stylus, I gave it a dirty look and it broke, horribly brittle shaft)

Shure 97xe Elliptical Stylus and Cartridge (despite it's low pedigree it's my current favorite).

Shure N78S Stylus (fits 97xe) (I did not inherit the 78's someone threatened me with).

Shure M44E Stylus and Cartridge

Audio Technica MicroLine AT440ML OOC Stylus and Cartridge

Audio Technica AT7000 body, no stylus

Audio Technica ATP-2

Audio Technica Series VIII P mount 

Audio Technica ___? Came with the AT120 TT (tracks 2.5g, I never used it) 

It's a busy time, it doesn't get here till mid Jan, so theirs time to research.

Thanks in advance, Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
My current Victor MC-L10 is magical with Luxman silver SUT (also relatively cheap $500 vintage toroidal SUT). However, my friend @nandric said the MC-1 sound like an MM cartridge to his ears :) 

Victor MM are giant killers! Super easy to drive with any MM phono stages and truly outstanding in details and resolution. I prefer Victor black headshells over conventional silver on those arms. 

It is interesting to see than MC-1 was twice as much in price compared to X-1IIe, but nowadays the situation different (the Victor X-1IIe is equal to the price on second hand MC-1 now). 

I believe the reason is that MC-1 coil wire connected to the cantilever is very fragile and one channel malfunction is pretty common for MC-1, it's very hard to find a perfect sample. I bought 2 and the one claimed to be working can only reproduce one channel after arrival, pretty sad, looks like new in the box. 

But X-1IIe and X-1II survived and does not have any technical problems in its construction even after 30-40 years. The X-1II also have beryllium cantilever and Shibata tip like MC-1. 

@chakster 

It seems to me impossible that more modern cartridges cannot be used with the 7082

Dear @elliotbnewcombjr :  I don't know why the other posts talking of things you did not ask. Well I know from one of those gentlemans that's a seller and nothing more.

I don't have the effective mass of the 7082 ( I own the 7045. ). In these links you can calculate it:

https://audio-creative.nl/platenspeler/hoe-kies-passend-element-platenspeler/attachment/calculator-effective-tonearm-mass-2/

https://es.scribd.com/document/413033143/Calculator-Effective-Tonearm-Mass

Btw, you are rigth in your other thread that the tonearm is not straigth.

Btw, The Shure V15V  MR helps a lñot in the resonance frequenxcy between cartridge/tonearm due to its Dynamic Stabilizer this and the AT 440 cartridges are good ones and I think you can have any resonance frequency issues due that you have differents headshells where in any case you can use the headshell different weigths to match the cartridge about.

I prefer 9"-10.5" efective length tonearms. If it's true that can have a little higher tracking angle error has other advantages vs the 12"+ ones whwere a lomg tonearm develops more resonances/distortions than a short one, react too more " slowly " to the movements of the cartridge stylus tip and the cartridge/tonearm alignment must be extremely more accurated that with a short one ( not that accuracy is not importantin ashort one because it's. ).

A shorter tonearm ( everything the same. ) sounds different than a 12" one due to those higher resonances in the long ones. I think that the shorter arms quality performance is a little better not only different but better than in long tonearms.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
@best-groove

It seems to me impossible that more modern cartridges cannot be used with the 7082

Who said it’s impossible? But think why people using FR cartridges on FR tonearms, or Ikeda cartridges on Ikeda tonearm, or Technics carts on Technics tonearm etc... ?

You don’t have to calculate anything, just plug and play to match in heaven.

Also the OP has bought the entire Victor system and the only component missing is top of the line Victor cartridge. Probably the best way to judge about Victor engineering.