MHDT Orchid or Lampizator Amber 3?

I’m considering one of these. Please share your thoughts, especially if you’ve heard them. I will be streaming 70% and CD’s 30%

Jazz, R&B and classical in that order are my listening habits.

My room is 20x30 and very nice acoustics.

Current system:
Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, PS Audio NuWave DSD, Cambridge CXC, Shunyata interconnects & Nordost speaker cable

Thank you!!!

jzzmusician
I tried the Orchid, Pagoda, Denafrips Pontus and none made any difference to the sound quality of my system. I ended up buying the Pure Audio Lotus 5 dac. With my all tube set up it added more air, and an overall more dynamic sound but I can't comment on how it would go with SS equipment. Oh I couldn't afford the Amber 3 so didn't try it but did think about it. Another plus with the Pure Audio is that it has many inputs. 2 x coax, 2x optical, 1x AES/EBU, 1x usb and 1x llS/dsd as well as balanced and RCA outputs.
No comparison I know both well the s Amber 3 easily beats it
in most every way , and you can roll different rectifier tubes 
as well as 12au7 tubes it is also much more I feel it is the best dac  under $6 k I had ps audio $6 k dac, and I sold it for the Amber 3
It has a very natural performance.
Somebody live near Nashville, TN with the Amber? Love to compare my tricked out Orchid which sounds fantastic to this unit. My Orchid cost me $1350 after the upgrades. The Amber is $2800 with no discount if you want a trial. My Orchid sounds so good I have a hard time believing the Amber is anything but a little different sounding. The Orchid really responds in spades with smartly done upgrades. My Orchid after upgrades is much more resolute, open and nuanced.

I want a shootout in my humble rig! 🤓 Any takers?

It is really a hassle to trial the Lampi line based on how far they are shipped and the shipping cost. Shipping back and forth is very, very expensive if one decides to send it back and eat the shipping costs. The shipping cost on top of the $2800 unit is $150 just one way!

This Amber may well be better, but I have some doubts based on owning a slew of other good dacs including the Lampi Level 4 and 5 going back a few years. I am very curious about this Amber due to all the praise is it getting from well respected Agoners.  
Lampizator last I checked shipped the lower end models out of East Coast USA
the Lampizator I have heard are organic and not forward, might I also suggest a used Aesthetix Pandora, FPGA, Jim White build quality, Sonics and support.

have fun and enjoy the journey and music
To reiterate: the Orchid can accept signals up to 24/192 khz, yet still outputs only 16/44 khz. I don't know if everyone gets this.