Speakers that excel at depth/layering/space

I am looking for comments on what speakers you have heard that provide a lot of depth, but with the depth, also layering and separation in the depth or soundfield.

Width and openess is one thing, but depth with layering and space from front to back is much rarer.

One speaker that recently impressed me was the PSB Synchrony One with Mcintosh amp and front end.

I've demoed a lot of equipment but don't hear this aspect that often.

Any comments or experiences to share?
mr_bill
Jax,

If your MBL reference was to the Stereophile show near LAX 7 or 8 years back, we're on the same page. That demo was also the basis on which I made my comment and the most convincing display of imaging/staging that I've ever heard from any system. OTOH, the 101 has generally been very, very good in this regard on each of the subsequent ocassions on which I've heard it. Maybe not as good as at LAX, but very, very good, nonetheless.

Marty
Vivid Audio speakers B1 - one of the very best speakers, particularly exceling in depth, layering, and soundtage. Haven for classical music and jazz. I used to own Avalon, Wilson, and MBL and by far these are better. I do not like the Magico (nothing special about this speaker, good only for shows).
Roy, why'd you go with B1s, rather than K1s... room size?
Do you know if Vivid will demo the B1 at the Show in Vegas?