Turntable Advice Needed

I am looking to move my existing Rega RP3 to a secondary system and upgrade to a new turntable for my primary system. Current setup is a Plinius Hiato integrated with Dynaudio Contour 3.4 speakers. I stream via an Innuous Zenith server and a Lumin T2 streamer. I am extremely happy with the sound I am getting from this setup but think a turntable upgrade might be in order. Since I’ve had the Rega P1 and P3 my first thought was to just upgrade to the new P6. As I know nothing about the “sound” of different turntables I really don’t know what I might be missing. I’m not a big tweaker but just want something that sounds good.  Spending range is probably in the $1,500 -$2,500 range and I will also need a phono preamp. I can be persuaded to spend a bit more but am looking for the best sound/value ratio I can find. I’ve read in some threads that Rega lacks a bit in bass but I really don’t have anything to compare it to.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts/advice folks might be willing to share.

Many thanks

Ag insider logo xs@2xpuppyt
@puppyt  Here are a few definitions:

VTA - In simple terms, with the cartridge mounted flush with the arm's headshell, the angle between the arm and the surface of the record.  
Azimuth - looking straight at the cartridge from the front, the angle of the cantilever to the record surface.  The cantilever should be at right angles to the record surface.  
VTF - The tracking force exerted by the cartridge stylus into the groove at right angles to the record surface.
Anti-skate - the horizontal outward force against the movement of the arm toward the record spindle.  There is a natural pull inward on the arm.  It needs to be countered with an outward force to keep the stylus centered in the groove with equal pressure on both sides of the groove.
Stylus rake angle - Basically the same as VTA.  (some arguable differences, but for this discussion basically the same thing.)

A good dealer will set up a table and adjust the above items.  A mediocre dealer will mount the cartridge and set the VTF in the right neighborhood.  A poor dealer will give you boxes with parts and a set of instructions.  Make sure you get the "good dealer" package from a reputable dealer.  Or have a friend close by that can help.  
gillatgh/bpoletti

Thank you both very much! Exceedingly helpful! I actually had a short discussing with Upscale Saturday evening right before they closed. I will have a more in depth call Monday. Once again, many thanks for advice and help.

I really appreciate all of the great advice.  I have increased by budget to around $5K all in and have narrowed my choices down to the VPI Prime Scout or the Dr. Feickert Volare.  I decided against the Rega Planar 8.  I’ve had nothing but Rega since returning to vinyl but I am ready to try something different.  (I have to admit paying that much for something that unsubstantial looking is a factor albeit a superficial one.) I’m looking at a variety of cartridge and phono stage options including potentially doing a tube phone stage.  I didn’t realize you could do that if you had a solid state integrated but I have been enlightened.  As always I welcome and appreciate any and all comments from this forum.
Not having owned either brand, I’d go for the Feickert over VPI. You buy that Prime Scout, and then you blink, and BOOM it will be superseded by the "Optimus Prime Ranger Mk 8" and you’ll be running in place on their never ending treadmill of circular design changes and upgrades.