BEST HARMLESS/SIGNATURELESS SPEAKERS CAPACITORS.

Dear friends:I really need your helpwith first hand experiences with speaker crossover capacitors founded in next main experiences/tested premises: for a 3-way speaker design, high resolution audio systems, very low distortion audio systems, wide systems frequency range, " zero trade-offs ".

I know that the best capacitor is NO-capacitor, well I need your near to that full experiences with another desired premises from you: audio systems using SS electronics and mainly listening MUSIC through digital sources.

All your opinions/help are appreciated.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.

Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Not the same application at all, so take it with a grain of salt, but within the week I'll have tried TFTF V-Cap, Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil, and Duelund Tinned-Copper CAST as my preamp output coupler.  So far I prefer the Mundorf.  Burning in the Deulund as I type.

My experience is that everything sounds like something and the only way to know is to replace it.  I have a Duelund preference (tinned-copper CAST in both my DAC and tweeter crossover), but like Tidal, I'm using ceramic drivers.  I do believe that impressions are *highly* system dependent and things that may work beautifully in my system could sound horrible in others.  That said, I do believe that drivers that tend toward analytic benefit from a high quality copper/film cap, and that Duelund will out perform its competitors in that role.
And I'm cheering for you Raul.  It's a shame your cap values are so large that you can't just buy everything and try them all...

When experimenting on my speaker crossover, I used these so that I could test caps without soldering (https://www.zoro.com/burndy-mechanicl-conn-trminl-8-to-14-awg-1-cond-ka8c/i/G4677766/)...
Dear @cal3713 : """  My experience is that everything sounds like something and the only way to know is to replace it. """

Agree, always is that way.

"""  impressions are *highly* system dependent and things that may work beautifully in my system could sound horrible in others. """

almost all is syten dependent but maybe more critical and important than that is each one of us MUSIC/sound priorities. 
Nor mally our room/systems are fine tunned according those self priorities.

"""  that may work beautifully in my system could sound horrible in others."" 

well, I think you are to " dramatic " because if it's true that with diferent room/systems " things " sound diferent but normally ( if both room/systems are a decent ones and the changed and tested devices are good ones ) can't be " horrible " and if sounds that way then exist something truly wrong some where down there.

I'm following my " research " through the internet and learning every day on the whole capacitor subject. I don't take any decision yet because I'm way ignorant on the caps issue.

R.
Dear friends: Next there are some interesting caps information I found out in the internet that for some experts like you is nothing " new " but for people like me could be of interest ( yes, I know the way of thinking of audiophiles: " I like what I'm listening no matters what. " ) :

"""  The original paper capacitors in your radio will likely be in a brown paper tubular case (sometimes coated with wax).

Old paper/wax capacitors are one of the most unreliable parts in an old radio. Don't let "molded" paper capacitors fool you. They are just paper capacitors in plastic cases and are just as unreliable as the ones coated in wax .  """

Paper-wax? is something used 70 long years ago. Go figure ! ! 70 years and we are really satisfied with the boutique caps that use those same characteristics and guess what: today we have ( for the audiophiles that touted almost everything. ) boutique fuses with bee-wax and I'm sure that the ones that bought or buy it will post somewhere that are something outstanding.

https://sound-au.com/articles/capacitors.htm#s80

http://zerocapcable.com/?page_id=224

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
Here the today snake oil top fuses where we can read all our systems characteristics that will comes improved with ( true magic. ) only the change of a fuse ! !  ? ? :

https://highend-electronics.com/products/audio-magic-ultimate-premier-beeswax-fuse?mc_cid=21ca76dbcb&mc_eid=6caacf2f90

R.