Turntable Advice Needed

I am looking to move my existing Rega RP3 to a secondary system and upgrade to a new turntable for my primary system. Current setup is a Plinius Hiato integrated with Dynaudio Contour 3.4 speakers. I stream via an Innuous Zenith server and a Lumin T2 streamer. I am extremely happy with the sound I am getting from this setup but think a turntable upgrade might be in order. Since I’ve had the Rega P1 and P3 my first thought was to just upgrade to the new P6. As I know nothing about the “sound” of different turntables I really don’t know what I might be missing. I’m not a big tweaker but just want something that sounds good.  Spending range is probably in the $1,500 -$2,500 range and I will also need a phono preamp. I can be persuaded to spend a bit more but am looking for the best sound/value ratio I can find. I’ve read in some threads that Rega lacks a bit in bass but I really don’t have anything to compare it to.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts/advice folks might be willing to share.

Many thanks

Ag insider logo xs@2xpuppyt
Gold Note for your price range or Pure Fidelity for a bit more.
jjaudiosolutions.com
Just saw a VPI HMW-19/ IV using an original Aries platter and JMW 10.5 inch arm.  includes an SDS.  $2500.  

IMO, that's the best platter VPI ever produced.  Arm works best on an unsprung table, which is a favorable mod for an HWI-19 (replace the springs with sorbothane pucks).  

It's on ebay.
I appreciate all of the thoughts and comments.  As I continue my research I am realizing I need to up my price point a bit to get a significant improvement over my current setup. I am also coming across some terminology I am not completely familiar with.  What does it mean when someone says a turntable "plays fast"? My literal mind says that is not a good thing as I assume the perfect world has the platter spinning at 33 1/3 rpm.  I'm sure I am wrong though.  Also, what is VTA? Finally as I continue searching I keep coming back to two turntables: the VPI Prime Scout and the Rega Planar 8.  They seem like two ends of the spectrum. The Rega looks strange to me but I care little about looks and more about satisfying sound.

Thanks again.  As always, insights, commentary and thoughts are greatly appreciated.  This forum has been and continues to be a great resource.

puppyt 

FWIW, Have owned the upgraded (Superscout) VPI Scout from Upscale now for a little over 12 months. To my ears and after a few hours to properly set up the Ortophone M2 Black it is superbly reproducing all my Records in my collection. I am very happy with this turntable and see no changes in the future. It’s been a flawless performer in every regard, for my purposes, which is enjoying my music. Associated equipment are, Rogue Pharaoh Integrated and B&W 803D Speakers and a dust cover (must have). Approximate useage is about 17 hours a week. Performs well above its price range IMO. Not plugging for any product, just stating my experience.
thanks Gillatgh,

A few questions if you don’t mind:

1. How did you decide on the cartridge?
2. What type of music do you listen to?
3. Do you find that the turntable requires a lot of tweaks and adjustments?
Much appreciated!